Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning its supposed to be dryer here today but we'll see.

Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
    I'm still coughing like a trooper.. I've had to buy a bottle of Lidl Speyside single malt for medicinal purposes of course..
    Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Do you drink it or rub it on, Capt?
    I don't like the taste of Whisky but love the smell, MrPots claims I make his drink evaporate doing that tough
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Mornings!
      Lots of us reporting in sick atm, must be catching
      I went to the PO yesterday in that cold wind, which made my face so cold it hurt, still does this morning - but seems to have morphed into an annoying sinus/toothache? thing . I hope it settles, last thing I need right now is a visit to the dentist.
      So staying in the warm today, more sewing and some domestics on the cards.

Have a good'un

Comment

Morning, all. Hope you're feeling a bit better, CtM. And yes, AP. And happy running, FF. I quite liked that food labelling idea.

So, a bit of frost here this morning. Still too cold for the dogs to be much interested in going out for anything other than breakfast. Clouds look like they're carrying snow but are moving on towards the mountains (just checked the snowline, 1400 metres, so that would be right).

Busy day again. Would help if I had done more yesterday, rather than making bread for assorted people. Bread making really ought not to take up much time, but it generally does. Perhaps if I just stuck to one recipe rather than going through assorted books to find something a bit different... Too much choice isn't necessarily a good thing.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

Morning all! Rain's stopped and the wind has abated, temporarily!
          Snoop, when I made bread in a breadmaker I found the most tedious things was weighing out the flour and other basic ingredients before I could begin. I made up some bread mix packs (?flour, salt, sugar, dried milk) so that I only had to grab a pack, add water, yeast and butter and I was ready. Even cut a block of butter into 1oz cubes to save time messing about with scales and knives and washing up!!

PS Its raining again now. Hope the sicky ones feel better today.

Comment

Good morning all.
            It's a cold dry crisp morning here and just 4 degs.
            Think I will do the tree and decorate the house today.
            Time seems to be flying along and a lot of days are already spoken for.
            Have a good one whatever you're up to.
            Get well to all those who are feeling under the weather.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Morning its supposed to be dryer here today but we'll see.

I don't like the taste of Whisky but love the smell, MrPots claims I make his drink evaporate doing that tough
              Bren, My Dad worked as a stillman in a distillery after he returned from the war until he retired in 1980. Your post reminds me that while whisky is in its maturation stage, it is stored in wooden casks in warehouses. (It has to be at least three years old before it can be sold). During that three years, there can be quite a lot of evaporation. That part which has evaporated is fondly referred to as "the angels share"

Comment

Good afternoon dry but a cold wind blowing today, OH still in bed that's 2 days she has slept, though I did take her to the doctors this morning and she is now on antibiotics and steroids, the only other thing I have done today is take the dog out though I will need to be going out shortly as I have the 4 boys to watch when they come home from school, I just hope no one is held up coming home from work. Just caught the news and see what Flo was referring to with her run, me I should be running from morning till night
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

The village of Dufftown in the Speyside region has several distilleries and the whole place not only smells of whisky, but everything is covered in a black tar looking coating, that is the "angels share". SWMBO told me off for licking a lamp post when we were there, I was just curious to know if it tasted like whisky lol(I was also told we were not moving house to be there either).

Comment

afternoon all,we are guaranteed some laughs on here,with one or another,thanks for the laughs,need to start forming a shopping list,decided to do a criscake,fruit ext in soak,also stuff for pastry,and sausage,just fancy doing somat different,not tins of the stuff like the old days,in the freezer for family ext,them days are gone,get well all the sick people,and hugs to others that need them.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I made up some bread mix packs (?flour, salt, sugar, dried milk) so that I only had to grab a pack, add water, yeast and butter and I was ready.
                      That's an interesting idea. Never thought of doing that. I've turned into a bread-making addict.

Our friend up the valley once commented years ago on all the different varieties of flour I had, all of about four (brown, white, pastry and chickpea). I have a fridge of the size that fits under kitchen worktops. I use it not as a fridge but as a cupboard and it's full of goodness knows how many types of flour. I've gone a bit mad... That said, I made the most phenomenal pizza yesterday with proper pizza flour; dough left in the real (cold) fridge to slowly prove over five days. Sorry for showing off, but I've never had one as good as this outside Italy. Mr Snoop couldn't believe his eyes. Better not make too many or else we'll be having to run a marathon every day.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 11-12-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Prevening All. Just found out I've lost another brother. We're none of us close but it's still sad, especially at this time of year
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Deepest condolences Florence

Comment

Thanks all for the kind wishes for my illness, I stayed home today but managed to do a few hours work so I not need book a 1/2 day sick leave. Think I’ll do the same again tomorrow.

Comment

You need some of the Captn's Kill or cure potions.
                              Can, have you lived in Oz?
                              Hi VC no I’ve not lived in Oz, visited it twice as my son lived there for 10 years, why .

Comment

evening all,Flo sorry for your loss.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X