This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning,

I am still here even tho I have been quite. Cold and still dark here. Car is in the garage today. So hope It don't cost me to much.

Have a good day
    Carrie

Comment

• Morning no rain due here until lunch time so thats not to bad I can at least collect the silver birch twigs that seem to be all over the garden.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
        ..and the last weekend before Xmas is upon us!
        I must get a few more decorations up or the event will sort of pass me by

Off to the Drs this morning (check up) then try and get to the shops to buy some hemp for the wall insulation before it closes for lunch.

Painting today -undercoating some of the ceiling beams.

Have a great day everyone-see ya later!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornings!
          It's been persisting down all night, and still is - front path and back yard flooded again. I'll have to put my wellies on to get more milk and the paper On the plus side I've turned the heating right down cos it's warm out there, weird weather...

I made another batch of Almond Pastry last night to chill overnight - so need to turn that into frangipane mince pies this morning and finish the ironing....

Have a good'un

Comment

• Morning All

Might go for a boat ride today....as that's all the local roads are fit for!!

Will be a day in front of the fire I think

Have a super Friday all

Comment

• Good morning all.
              lts bright and clear after all the rain.
              Out with friends for an afternoon of carols in the national concert hall.
              Returning to mine for dinner and a sing along, nice to have a friend who has a guitar.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                Might go for a boat ride today....as that's all the local roads are fit for!!
                That sounded like fun... till it didn't. Flooding and terrible wind due for much of the north of Spain today. But not us. It's becoming a bit of talking point on the Spanish weather sites how we seem to be missing all the rain here, when normally we'd get loads if there was any going. Hope it's not a flood year next year... One is due soon.

News of proposals for wind farms in our area. 84 turbines to go up. Hardly anyone lives here and tourism is the only growing industry, so people are right fed up that that is going to get hit just to provide electricity to people living in cities miles away.

Not much other news. Drizzling steadily outside and the sky is very grey. Generator working away to supplement the solar panels, which are going hungry for lack of sun. Mr Snoop off into town to do our Christmas shopping, as discussed on the other thread. As well as the sprouts, I've ordered a bottle of nice white wine to go with the salmon. There are all of six other items: go to the post office, get water, dog biscuits, cat biscuits and wine and beer. That shouldn't be too difficult, except he left the shopping list behind. He lost yesterday's list while out and decided not to get anything. If he makes the same decision again, it might have to be third time lucky on Tuesday.

Right, on with the work. Have a nice day everyone, whatever the weather.

Comment

• Good afternoon,what miserable weather out there,barrhumbug,got a batch of pastry ready for a roll out,and transform into mince pies,want some as gifts,just hope i can stay awake,had a bad night with colic,you know what,i will let it rest in the fridge whilst i have a nap,makes much more sence eh,like i say,Bgood2yrselves hehehe.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon, it’s not stopped raining today so I didn’t get those twigs collected. Did boring housework and some reading instead.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all. I've just discovered the virtues of Youtube on the tv. Been siting the last couple of hours just putting in searches for all manner of stuff.
                      I plan to build some under stairs cupboards so searched designs and how to do it on Youtube. I must have hit on at least 20 sites with instructions.
                      I don't think there is any topic that isn't covered on YT.
                      Prior to that I was under the stairs re-aquanting myself with what was there. I found two unopened Christmas presents from last year among the usual clutter.
                      Tomorrow I am on the hunt for a small turkey crown, (not under the stairs)that doesn't feed a family of 12.
                      Take care and enjoy your evening.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Evening all, had a lovely day in Perth at the two wee grandsons school Christmas service, no Carols, but some rather odd Spanish and Jazz themed stuff, everyone seemed to enjoy it though.

Comment

• Evening all,

sitting here with really cold feet. Heating is on too. My blood must be thinning. Nicos, are you in the general locality of Dieppe? Heading there next June .

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Wetnsloppy here. At least the wind has dropped a tad.

Need to work hard today as we're off to the cinema late afternoon.

See ya later!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. Mr Snoop brought me a cup of tea about 7.30 am and told me it was trying to snow. It's now bright blue. But very chilly. Range about to get lit, thank goodness. Especially as the door is back to being open more than it is shut.

Bread making on the cards today. A weird kind of seed-encrusted, twisted ciabatta-like loaf, which looks good in the book but which will undoubtedly look mangled on my cooling rack. That's for preparing today and leaving to prove in the fridge. And some floury baps, just to be on the safe side and to have something today.

Right, on with the show. Deadlines on Monday and I've spent far too long fiddle-faddling about these last few days.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Comment

• Good Morning All Bit damp. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X