This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin Flon'all
    Frost, fog and a weirdly bright moon lighting up the fog. Looks amazing!
    Looks like dangerous driving/walking conditions out there peeps...take care!

More DIY for me. Having to wait in for a big paint delivery. Paint is absolutely stupidly priced out here, so good old Scr€wfix.eu deliver out here. No brainer really!
    Loads to do before painting but at least we'll have things to hand.

At least you're not the only one Captn having building work/decorating going on in the run up to Xmas!

Right....first things first....brew anyone?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning we've got fog and frost but not a sign of that bright moon Nicos has.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornings!

Don't know how long it will last but right now there are some blue gaps in the clouds and the sun through one of them is shining right through my kitchen window. Sweet Mollycat is on the prowl in the garden...

Domestics today, silver sprinkles get everywhere

Have a good'un

Comment

• Morning, all. Sun is trying to break through the clouds here, but it's a bit chilly. Especially because the dogs have been going in and out and the door was open more often than shut. Mr Snoop has been away for a few days and they're starting to get anxious he might never come back. Fortunately, I'm not anxious as I know he's back today.

Plus, a big hissing lorry has also arrived to deliver a massive amount of concrete in the form of blocks and beams. So, the dogs are now shut in but worrying that there's a dragon or something on our drive. Just as well I'm boiling up food for the aged cat and they think there might be something in it for them, so that's keeping them a bit distracted.

Right, I'd better make like there's a purpose to the day and get on with it. Have a good one, everyone.

And yes about Screwfix, Nicos. The other thing I can't get my head round is how comes they can deliver so quickly? I get things from them quicker than a delivery from a local supplier.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            So dark here all the lights are on.
            Lashing rain and breezy with it.
            Making a batch of soup this morning.
            Using up odds and ends of veg to free up some space in the fridge and freezer.
            Glad I dont have to brave the outdoors today.
            Have a good one all whatever you're up to.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2022.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	2385864

This is what I've been doing so far today.

Sorry the second piccie is upside down!

And yes....that is half of one of the walls in my lounge
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Nicos; 18-12-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• It's not clear but I've been scraping out the mud/cement/concrete from between the granite stones. Just doing around the door and windows , the rest will be covered with lime and hemp ( bit like pressing soggy tinned tuna onto the wall but with scratchy bits in it!)
                Can't do that though until the electrician sorts out that mess of spaghetti!( still waiting to hear when their start date will be)

This afternoon I'll probably start wire brushing the stones around the window, then scrubbing them with white vinegar to try and clean them up even more.

Not looking very Xmassy is it!
                Last edited by Nicos; 18-12-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Are those terracotta tiles on your ceiling, Nicos?

Comment

• Maybe not at the moment, but stand a big mirror on the floor in front of the 'spaghetti' and string up some illuminations and you'll be right as rain. Maybe even a tree to reflect in the mirror.

Lovely stones, by the way. It's amazing how people managed to build these old stone houses. Every time I look down our well, I'm shocked. Some of the stones in there are as long and wide (yes, it's about possible) as I am. Just manoeuvring them into position in such a confined space must have been quite a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                      Are those terracotta tiles on your ceiling, Nicos?
                      Nope, that's the upside down piccie. They are basic tiles and will be covered with insulation then a wooden flooring. We can't remove them as there is natural groundwater flowing just cms beneath them .

Comment

• Good evening!

I have sanded holes but alas, there wasn't time to paint the ceiling today so we are going into day three.. although the floor is back down upstairs, they're not entirely happy with it so it's coming back up tomorrow!

I'm returning to work tomorrow, and leaving my father in charge of entertaining the builders.

I've warned them he's old and grumpy, they're going to go thirsty tomorrow..
                        <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Nope, that's the upside down piccie.
                          hahahahaha!

Comment

• Bon soir mes amis.

Well the major event today revolved around booking a visit to St Valery en caux for june 12 which will be the 80th anniversary of the surrender of the french forces and also the 51st Highland division later the same day. My brother and his wife are going over also and co-ordinating securing accommodation for two couples in the same location when there are huge numbers expected there is not easy. We had to arrange ferry journeys as well which should have been easy online except the web site wouldn't play ball . I eventually had to phone the ferry company and a lovely lady who spoke heavily accented english managed to get our booking done. Except .......................................... yes, there's also a snag, she somehow managed to put the payment through twice which then prompted my bank's fraud or anti fraud department to block that payment and my card account. Twenty minutes of phone calls later it was all sorted out but what a faff,.. I wonder what the french for that is. Quelle summat I imagine
                            Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 18-12-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Good evening,a lot of work there Nicos,do not worry captain,it will work out in the end,if ceiling shows the patches up when painted it will need sciming,might be best to try a small bit first,so not to waist time and paint,i know from experience what a nightmare filling patches can end up like,good luck,
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All Much warmer and raining. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X