This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornings (just)!

I thought I'd posted earlier, but obviously didn't click the button before leaving the page. Oops!
    Anyway it's still persisting down here BBC just said we have had a month's worth of rain in just 3 days...
    Don't think I'll be going out in that, so more baking on the cards....

Have a good'un

Comment

• afternoon all,where is this day going,woke up 11.15,had a few visitors,and had first meal of the day aprox 30 mins ago,i blame the mince pies,i had 6,they did have dissarono in them,or does the effects go away during cooking,and i DID get a good nap,before i started the pies,if i were to close my eyes am sure i would go again,enjoy rest of the day.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon though with the daylight going should possibly be good evening, busy day yesterday out at 8.45 as OH had a hospital appointment and not back home till 3.30 then had to watch the two younger grandson's it was supposed to be a sleepover but OH wasn't well enough for that, so got her settled then up to watch the boys who were absolutely no bother what so ever, the parents returned early at the back of ten so was back home and relaxed for a bit, this morning I got the bed changed and sheets washed and dried cleaned the house made some soup which OH has had a bowl of so hopefully she is starting to pick up now, after giving her her lunch I headed to the shore and collected 6 big bags of seaweed then back home and have just finished washing the car now going to see what I will make for the tea, enjoy your weekend and those who have stopped for Christmas holidays remember some of us don't get holidays
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Hey all, I'm still loging on and reading, Christmas is taking its toll..
          <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Mornings, said quietly for those who didn't wake up early, like me

Mollycat was staring at me, inches from my face, when I opened my eyes made me jump I can tell you.
            The kettle's on for a 2nd cuppa if anyone wants one and I've just had one of the Cranberry & Clementine biscuits I made yesterday, they are moreish, so help yourself before I eat them all.
            More baking to do today and then the kitchen will want a good clean, the floor is sticky with icing sugar...

Have a good'un

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
              I can almost smell those biscuits from here Thelma!...mmm! ( any chance of the recipe???)

Loads more sploshy stuff here, and very windy.
              I understand the south of the uk is also hit with very strong winds and floods?....hope you are ok all ok?

Final cleanup in the house for me today. Want to get more decorations up , do a bit of a dusting ( ha ha ha!!!!) and try and get the place a bit more festive before it's too late.
              Brew first of course.

Shortest day today eh????
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Forgot to say that the Star Wars film was brill!

Comment

• Morning its supposed to be dry here today not sure if to believe that though. Baking bread and making oatcakes this morning not to sure after that.
                  Enjoy your Sunday
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yummy biscuits, TS. And hang on in there, cptncrackoff. Soon be 2020...

Very, very windy here in the night. Still quite blowy now. Looking forward to the builder finishing (or even starting) the roof of one of our barns. We've got a big sheet of heavy-duty rubber weighed down by stones over the roof to stop leaks. They're whopper stones. Most of them are now on the ground, one right on the mat by the door. Only one left on the front of the roof. Sooner that roof gets fixed, the better.

Other than that, am still fixated on the latest of my serial obsessions, bread making. How many bread-making books does a body need, for goodness' sake?

Mind you, I was saying to Mr Snoop this morning that it's time to get back on the case with the veg patch. It's full of wild rocket and grass. Not going to be easy to deal with. Found my trusty Japanese hoe yesterday, so that might inspire me a bit more to get on with it.

OK, so what's the record for opening the Suttons' ad? I've managed it three times today. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

Have a good day, everyone. Mind where you click on the page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Mornin n'alln'all
                      I can almost smell those biscuits from here Thelma!...mmm! ( any chance of the recipe???)

Loads more sploshy stuff here, and very windy.
                      I understand the south of the uk is also hit with very strong winds and floods?....hope you are ok all ok?
                      Biscuits here.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cthlk4UuEXk
                      ingredients list
                      410g plain flour
                      1.5 tsp baking powder
                      1.5 tsp cinnamon
                      1/2 tsp salt
                      zest of 2 clementines, satsumas, tangerines etc
                      40g dried cranberries, chopped really finely
                      225g unsalted butter, soft
                      190g caster sugar
                      60g cream cheese
                      1 lg free range egg
                      1/4 tsp vanilla extract ( I used orange extract)

Last night's weather was very wild, but it's calmed down now, and yes the path is still flooded

Comment

• Good Morning All Have a lovely Sunday
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          We had a beautiful sunrise here with a temp of 5 degs.
                          Off to mass shortly
                          Visiting the cemeteries this afternoon.
                          Daughter in law doing a manicure for me.
                          That's my day taken care of.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thanks Thelma!... I have all those ingredients
                            Once the amount of mince pies and ginger biscuits starts to reduce, I'll certainly have a go at those mmm!

Comment

• Well, I decided to go shopping this lunchtime.Braced myself against the hoards...only to find there were about 10 people shopping in the hypermarket! More staff than clients

The French tend to eat en famille at lunchtime, especially on Sundays...and I suppose this is the last Sunday before Xmas, so no doubt they were all at home eating festive food!
                              The supermarkets aren't usually open on Sundays either, so I imagine peeps never even considered shopping!

It was absolutely incredible!

And yes....I did manage to do a tad of impulse purchasing
                              Well...why not eh?

Comment

• Evening!

I'm only stressed because I hadn't started Christmas shopping.. I have now, I went to Ipswich, hardly anyone there!?

..anyways, now I've started - couple more days I'll have it all sorted!
                                <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X