Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After visiting Mum, I went on the hunt of the Yellow Stickers which was more exciting than usual. The word was - any meat or fish with a use by date of 24th/25th/26th December will be reduced drastically. So everyone was hunting through the shelves looking for these dates. I was quite lucky with lamb steaks, fillet steak, lots of Basa fish fillets - all marked down to 15p or less. I bought 38 items for £5.46. Most of them are in the freezer and I have enough meat to feed the dogs for a week or two.
    Wonder if there'll be much food on sale in Boxing Day?
    I lurve bargains.

Comment

• Good evening, its been rather a hectic day today, going to bed last night I walked into the bed and grazed my leg so went to bed with a leg stinging like mad eventually got to sleep, only to be wakened the back of 2 with OH coughing something terrible she eventually settled and after tossing and turning I finally got back to sleep only to be wakened again about 5 ish with her chocking again 2hen we finally got back to sleep I finished up sleeping till 9should have been up earlier and finished up chasing my tail all day, though did go to the Carol service in the church which was enjoyable and relaxing now getting things ready for tomorrow as all the family will be down, fortunately our daughter will attend to everything so looking forward to everyone being here and hoping the grandchildren give OH a boost. Enjoy tomorrow and for those by themselves go to VCs thread where you will have companionship from a considerate person and try and remember why we celibate Christmas. God Bless
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• rary: try and remember why we celibate
        that may be difficult for many, bearing (possible also baring?) in mind all the extra drinking that will be going on during all the celebrating

Sorry rary, I just had to.....

Comment

• Maybe its his age?
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 24-12-2019, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Bless! .

Comment

• Oh Rary, sounds like you have had a few bad days.
              Best wishes for Mrs Rarys health to improve.
              I suggest you dit back tomorrow and let family members pamper you.
              Hope you have a lovely day.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                that may be difficult for many, bearing (possible also baring?) in mind all the extra drinking that will be going on during all the celebrating

Sorry rary, I just had to.....
                Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Maybe its his age?
                Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                Bless! .
                Oi! you two stop stop picking on me
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                  Oi! you two stop stop picking on me
                  Why??
                  Give us one good reason.

Comment

• Hello!

Christmas eve spent hugging a toilet, couldn't get much better than that could it!?

Not sure if its food poisoning (I did have an odd tasting fried chicken takeaway) or norovirus.. i haven't been sick for 3 or 4 hours now so hopefully (fingers crossed) it's gone..

Have a great Christmas everyone!

See you on the other side
                    <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Captncrachoff, so sorry to hear you are unwell. Take care and get well soon.

Good morning all.
                      What a beautiful one with a spectacular sunrise.
                      Beautiful crisp and frosty with a temp of 2 degs.
                      Enjoy your day whatever way you're spending it.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Singing "We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year" It's a good job you can't hear that cos I've got a terrible voice
                        I've made a pot of tea and the panetonne is open, so help yourself. I actually bought one this year, I've been trying to make a good one for about 12 years, but I've finally admitted defeat
                        I'm making the most of the quiet time before dinner has to be started and the family arrive, the carol service is on in the background.
                        I hope those of you who are unwell, soon feel better and everybody has a totally terrific time x

Comment

• Good Morning All and Merry Christmas
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Mr Snoop woke me this morning, asking me which was my favourite Christmas carol and then proceeded to sing a great load of them, including the descant part on occasion, right in my ear. Then he made it up to me by bringing me coffee in bed with chocolate digestives, so all is right with the world here.

Lovely and blue out there, but a really hard frost earlier.

Anyway, the Christmas carols didn't really get me into the festive mood, but the coffee with Spanish brandy and whipped cream has rather helped matters. So on with the day.

Festive greetings to everyone. Hope everyone poorly feels better very soon.

Comment

• Mornin n'allnall
                              Merry Xmas to everyone....so sorry to hear peeps are ill xx

Right...am off to the Xmas Day chat thread now....

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1684573
                              Last edited by Nicos; 25-12-2019, 10:46 AM.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Why??
                                Give us one good reason.
                                It's Christmas

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X