Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not for much longer, then we can get back to being rude to you.
    In case you haven't noticed I've been nice to you all day today

Comment

• Good evening I have had a good day today, OH had a good night's sleep and was feeling a bit better so she decided she would come to the Christmas morning service, after that we took presents up to the family then home for a bit of a rest, our daughter came in about half past one and started attending to the dinner and wouldn't let OH do anything, though she didn't apply that to me thr rest of the family came in about 2.20 and from then on it was just such an enjoyable day, one thing I have found out is that there is quite a lot of drink in this house, 6 bottles of malt whisky, 3btls. of Baileys, 3 btls. of honey rum, 3 btls. ofgin, 2 btls of brandy 10 btls. of wine, red and white, 6 cans of Guinness B.B.D 2016 so they will do for slug traps, and several bottles of bubbly not sure how many as they are in the back of a cupboard so I need to think on what I will do with all that lot whither to pour it down the sink or down my throat, decisions, decisions Well if you are on holiday take the time to relax and enjoy yourself. Goodnight
      Last edited by rary; 26-12-2019, 01:06 AM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• That's some booze Rary.
        Maybe have a party.

Glad to hear Mrs Rary is feeling better.
        Good night.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          Morning all.

Mr Snoop woke me this morning, asking me which was my favourite Christmas carol and then proceeded to sing a great load of them, including the descant part on occasion, right in my ear. Then he made it up to me by bringing me coffee in bed with chocolate digestives, so all is right with the world here.

Lovely and blue out there, but a really hard frost earlier.

Anyway, the Christmas carols didn't really get me into the festive mood, but the coffee with Spanish brandy and whipped cream has rather helped matters. So on with the day.

Festive greetings to everyone. Hope everyone poorly feels better very soon.
          A nice drop of Veterano I’ll bet, that’s our favourite Spanish brandy, it’s a nice dark colour and solid flavour

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
            Here's yesterday's Xmas Day chat thread....
            https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1684573

Hope your cats came in Baldy?
            Hibou wants to go out now!
            After all the wind and rain it's nice for them to be outside now the weather has calmed down a bit!

I want her out now cos she'll be back in before it's properly light before the hunters start shooting everything in sight

I forgot to mention that when we went out for a meal the other day we saw a wild boar crossing the road ahead of us. Just slowly sauntering its way,.. really lovely to see.
            It's only the second time we've seen one near here -the other was running away from hunters along our garden hedgerow. (Yes, it did get away!)

As usual I ate far too much yesterday...think I might go for a cycle ride later if the weather stays fine.
            Last edited by Nicos; 26-12-2019, 05:12 AM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning All Dark and damp here. We have mother in law staying. Have a happy day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning still a bit dark but dry at the moment and OH is feeling a lot better, thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes for her recovery, might try getting some bulbs planted today I bought a bag of about 60 daffodil bulbs for £2.50 so it's not a bargain till I get them planted, have an enjoyable day
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornings!
                  said quietly so I don't wake those having a lie-in

Peace reigns here this morning, no noise from neighbours, no trains yet …. oh spoke too soon just heard one in the distance. I can't even hear the distant rumble from the motorway. I can hear the moos from the farm on the other side of the railway instead - lovely

Hope you all have a peaceful day, even if it's not actually a quiet one

Comment

• Morning it dull and wet out not that I'd planned going anywhere today, just need to get some lettuce from the GH but thats it.

Envoy your boxing day
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Not a bad morning here today. I was glad to get out with the dog earlier as I was sick of hearing the dulcet tones of Roy Orbison! (Should never have got OH that CD)
                      Walked past a car with a dog in it. Dog in car went beserk at mine and it was all I could do to keep mine from attacking the car.
                      Got all my change ready for the annual family get together with card game.

I really don't mind if all my change finishes up in one of my Granddaughters savings jars TBH.

Just figured out I can use the shift on my new Chromepad as a caps lock.

Have a good day folks.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Happy Boxing Day
                        Only 364 more sleeps

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                        Peace reigns here this morning, no noise from neighbours, no trains yet …. oh spoke too soon just heard one in the distance.
                        You may have a quiet day as I heard on the radio that there are only a handful of trains running today. All the little choochoos have hangovers and are sleeping it off in their sheds.
                        Enjoy your leftovers!!

Comment

• Good morning all from a dull and rainy Dublin.
                          What a contrast to yesterday's beautiful weather.
                          Glad to see everybody had a good day and Mrs Rary is on the mend.
                          Another get together at ours today..
                          Me and hubby are celebrating 55 years of marriage, how did that happen?
                          Family will pop in and out during the day.
                          Champagne brunch to celebrate.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing day!!

Had a busy day yesterday, was at work in the morning and then went my parents house for our Christmas meal.

Weather here is dull today and looks like we are in for rain. I on the other hand needs to start getting ready for work shortly as I am on the late shift.

Have a good day and hope you all got what you wanted for Christmas
                            Carrie

Comment

• Congratulations Mr & Mrs Bramble - 55 years well done!

Comment

• Good morning! I hope everyone had a good day yesterday..

Turns out Port and Brandy is a superb cure for an upset tummy!

May drag the family out for a very windy, very wet, cold walk at the coast somewhere.. burn off a little energy!
                                <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X