X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    Well I never! Almost all of my order arrived so well done Tezzies
    My order from them is due on Saturday. I’ve already had to edit it as, since I placed the order, 5 items are now out of stock and only 2 of them were going to be replaced. I didn’t want either of the replacements. Eg 1 x pack of 7 dentisticks does not replace 2x packs of 28 dentisticks. The dogs will survive without them.

There was a post on our local community group from someone looking for seeds as they couldn’t buy any anywhere. So I’ve set up a seed swap. It’s on my doorstep until I can find somewhere better. People can take without donating, donate without taking. I haven’t checked if there are any takers yet although the idea seemed to be popular online. I’ve started it off with a shoebox rammed full of seed packets that I don’t need.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good afternoon, it actually stopped raining but still complete cloud cover, as its not that warm I have been sawing more wood, this isolating has its problems, I bought a box of 12 bottles of wine about four years ago, and finished the last one a couple of weeks ago so the other night I decided to have a brandy, which I like mixing with pepsi I bought 12 cans of it for Christmas which I hadn't touched, I hadn't touched but OH likes to to give some to the boys so left with one can so I decided to start on my whiskys, so that's two bottles gone already, with six to go and if this isolation lasts longer that 2 weeks they could be finished as well

By the way the bottles I am talking about are miniatures it would take me five or six weeks to empty a regular bottle
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon/evening all. Been a super day here although we could do with a wee bit of heat. As planned, I managed to get our back porch repainted. Has me wondering though, how has Dulux managed to make their Magnolia different to the last lot. I know, I know, sunlight oxidation etc but stillannoying that the colour is so different.

My next door neighbour's wee girl, 2 years old was like a pig among muck today planting some rooted onion sets I gave her mum for her yesterday. Pics posted on facebook so I was able to see how happy she was at work,

Comment

• Good idea Janie I waited to complete my order until last night because of items unavailable, hope you get all you need.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
            Good afternoon, it actually stopped raining but still complete cloud cover, as its not that warm I have been sawing more wood, this isolating has its problems, I bought a box of 12 bottles of wine about four years ago, and finished the last one a couple of weeks ago so the other night I decided to have a brandy, which I like mixing with pepsi I bought 12 cans of it for Christmas which I hadn't touched, I hadn't touched but OH likes to to give some to the boys so left with one can so I decided to start on my whiskys, so that's two bottles gone already, with six to go and if this isolation lasts longer that 2 weeks they could be finished as well

By the way the bottles I am talking about are miniatures it would take me five or six weeks to empty a regular bottle
            I rarely drink spirits but the wine supply is low. I haven't been shopping for myself for a couple of weeks. I keep eyeing up my husband's whiskey. Only problem is I would need a clothes peg as I can't stand the smell of it. ( I have a vague memory of my dad letting me have some as a little girl which put me off for life!)

Comment

• I just found myself giving my nose a rub. . I wonder how often I've done that lately

Comment

• Evening, nipped out shopping this morning shelves were all stocked apart from flour so I got most of what I needed. Then the rest of the day was spent between the GH and garden it was a bit cooler than yesterday though so I didn't removed my jumper this time.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                  I just found myself giving my nose a rub. . I wonder how often I've done that lately
                  Many times, I bet!
                  My habit is pushing my hair back off my face You simply can't undo a lifetime habit easily - I was watching a bearded actor doing an interview t'other day, and he was continually stroking his beard

Comment

• Wet grotty old day, so no work done on the pond, sowed some carrots outside along with some radish, it's flippin' cold got the fire lit again

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                      I just found myself giving my nose a rub. . I wonder how often I've done that lately
                      You need one of these Cone Collars to stop you , Ap.
                      I'm surprised we're not all wearing them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	collar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	820.8 KB
ID:	2386696

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                        Breakfast's ready!... trays outside front doors?

Plenty of wine here...just frustratingly I'm on my strict diet!

OH has arranged an online meetup this evening with friends for drinkies and nibbles for half an hour...should be an interesting experience!

Heaviest frost of the winter here last night.
                        Good job the blowaway was well wrapped in blankets!

Fire lit -house already smells of curry as OH is batch cooking for the freezer. Mmmm....

I'm hunkering down today to do some family tree before membership expires!

See ya later peeps...keep safe.
                        Hugs to all who needs them (or just fancies a hug) x
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning it was misty early on but that's now cleared I don't think we're going be having sunshine like yesterday. Still its not raining so i;ll be out in the garden then making some more news paper pots in the GH.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cooler than yesterday and cloudy. Housework today then. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornings!
                              Yesterday, I mended the broken fence with some old floorboards and concreted in one replacement post, my back is really complaining today to prove it - still it's job done.
                              It's already warm in the greenhouse, so that's where I'll be, if anyone needs me

Have a good'un and stay safe

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                It was a dull start but the sun has come out in the last half hour.
                                Going to the park for our walk while the weather is good.

Nicos we had a family video link up last Sunday and it was great fun.
                                Batch cooking curry, sounds like a good idea, might do that.

Thelma, take it easy on your back..

Have a good dsy all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse