X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
    Morning all,

funny how schoolboy french sticks even after 50+ years. Nicos's plus tard makes sense but it immediately had me thinking a bientot with the wee hoojah above the o.

Anyways, enough foreign stuff for a moment.

plus tard/a bientot
    If you're bletherin the Doric, yer've been talkin' foreign stuff all yer life lol.

Comment

• ^Doric. There's a thing I've learnt today. Thanks.

Comment

• ^^^^ I had to look it up too!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Teuchters...……………………….

Comment

• I know what THAT means burnie…. after reading all the Outlander books (and watching the series, of course)
            I don't suppose either of you sound, or look like Sam Heughan or Richard Rankin? *sigh*

Comment

• Hello. I haven't got time to catch up and am just dropping in for a mo. I went to lunch at my brothers today to go through some photos and paperwork sent from Canada by my step mother. It answered a lot of questions about my dads family and his war record but caused a lot more particularly about my grandfather. I have been researching our family and have met brick walls on my dads side. This helps. I've brought a big box of stuff home.

A lot of it will be in our Remembrance Exhibition next year.
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

• After talking about it so often, I eventually got round to actually doing a bit of gardening this afternoon.
                Granted, it was mainly weeding, but it was nice to get away from the tele/pooter for a couple of hours.
                Enthused, I may even visit the allotment tomorrow if OH doesn't need me for chauffeur duties.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                  Teuchters...……………………….
                  Au contraire, mon pote.

Comment

• Good evening.. day off today, builders are in.
                    We are having the upstairs floor taken up for the 3rd time, a week before Christmas. Incredibly festive. Especially with 200 holes in the lounge ceiling..

Not.

As Chas N Dave said, Mustn't grumble.
                    <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Put a coloured bulb in each hole and pretend its Christmas decorations!

Comment

• They're kind of filled now..

They need a little sanding and then painting..

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191217_153241-2268x3024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	2385863
                        <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Maybe you could paint each spot in a different colour - its a shame to miss this opportunity to make your room more festive. Anyone can have a tree, but a spotty ceiling is something special.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Maybe you could paint each spot in a different colour - its a shame to miss this opportunity to make your room more festive. Anyone can have a tree, but a spotty ceiling is something special.
                            As much as that would look amazing.. .. they're coming back to sand and paint the ceiling tomorrow.. A lovely shade of white apparently!
                            <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• White!! How predictable.

How about sky blue background with white puffy clouds and a bright yellow light bulb in the corner?

Nos da!

Comment

• Good Morning All Frosty. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X