This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, all.

Bright blue and very cold this morning. Mr Snoop has nobly volunteered to go out and clear the frost off the windscreen so he can then go into town to pick up a package for me. And he's just put the coffee pot on. So, that's a good start to the day (for me, at least).

Busy, busy as per. Just about under control... (not, says Mr Snoop).

Have a good one, everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning the suns out and the towels will soon be out on the line still cold though.

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      I'm going to be picking your brains next winter, Bren. I've never tried sourdough before. This winter's mission was to improve my bread-making; next winter's is sourdough. I bet your kitchen smells lovely.
      I love the taste and once you get your starter going and the feeding sourdough is easier than any other bread. Its more forgiving for one thing I had one that didn't rise much but it was fine for dipping in soup rather it like a Rye bread. Discards get used for making crackers, oatcakes, pancakes, scones, naans, lots of thing but I've not tried it in pasta yet.

Pity you don't know someone with a trailer Snadge to take that freezer to your allotment.
      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 05-02-2020, 09:12 AM.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Snadge...sometimes you can rent 'A man with a van' There used to be a guy near where we lived who charged by the hour. No idea about the cost but he was basically an odd job guy looking for a bit of cash in hand and wasn't expensive.
        Cheaper still would be a mate of a mate of a mate who might be happy with a couple of pints as a thank you?
        ( We have an old émersion heater we're hanging on to to convert into a horizontal BBQ!)

Love the idea of a smoker!

More diy for me again today...it's looking sunny and calm out there so no doubt the grass will be growing again!

See ya later peeps...
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornings!
          Taste is a funny thing, isn't it? I actually don't like sourdough bread, or rye come to that, preferring a bread with oats or corn in, or seedy bread, specially a sunflower seedy one mmm
          Damn! now I fancy some bread and I'm not eating any while I'm on this diet....

Lemon tea anyone? Mwahahaha

Comment

• How is the diet going Thelma?
            I lost half a stone and have near enough managed to hold that weight loss.
            Will start again in 4weeks and try and knock off more!

Comment

• Losing weight quite slowly now, after the first half stone dropped off quickly. My shape is deffo changing and I'm losing it around my waist and tummy, which is really good (need a belt for my jeans now ) but it's not showing on the scales
              Trying to stay positive is hard atm....

Comment

• Wow..that's good!
                Forget the scales aspect-it's clearly working, you'll probably find it'll suddenly drop on the scales when you're least expecting it!!!

Try using a tape measure once a week as an alternative?

Well done
                Last edited by Nicos; 05-02-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Wow..that's good!

Well done
                  Thnx v much for the pep talk Just what I needed

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Bright and sunny but a cold 2 degs.
                    Heading into town this morning.
                    Well done Nicos and Thelma on the weight loss.
                    Sometimes the measuring tape gives a truer picture than the scales..

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I think I ought to join the gyo slimmer's club, deffo over indulged over the festive period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                        Thnx v much for the pep talk Just what I needed
                        You are more than welcome!!!

You should be proud of yourself

Xx

Comment

• Maybe we need a LYO (lose your own) thread. I'm going slowly - amazing I'm managing to lose anything actually, given all the bread I'm baking - half a kilo last week. But anything is better than nothing.

Bet you get one of those famous 'whoosh' losses soon, TS.

And Bren, thanks for the sourdough encouragement. Partly I don't like the idea of throwing a load of flour out. Plain white supermarket flour isn't expensive here, but things like rye are and I can only get them from speciality suppliers online, so it's an arm for the flour and a leg for the delivery. So I'm going to resent having to discard a load of it. But if you can use it in other things, well that's a plus. I love rye bread. Mind you I love sunflower loaves too. I had a bag of this French flour delivered recently and it makes a fantastic granary-style loaf but without the sweetness of a granary. Not really trying to undermine your dieting efforts, Nicos... https://www.elamasadero.com/353-mix-...eco-5-kgs.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                            Losing weight quite slowly now, after the first half stone dropped off quickly. My shape is deffo changing and I'm losing it around my waist and tummy, which is really good (need a belt for my jeans now ) but it's not showing on the scales
                            Trying to stay positive is hard atm....
                            I'm trying this wacko diet I found on youtube. Basically a lemon squeezed and made into a refreshing drink first thing when I get up in the morning is supposed to kick start summat in your body Its supposed to help you diet,dissolve kidney stones which I have, keep your skin soft and a whole host of other benefits.
                            I can't face much to eat or drink when I get up in the morning so I just close my eyes and swallow the lemon juice with a touch of water down in one gulp.
                            I'll give it to the end of the month and see if there is any improvement.

Take care folks.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• OH dear,all this talk of diet and loosing weight,i know i should and need to,but,comfort food ,have an appointment in a bit with the blood pressure nurse,i just know my ears are going to ring
                              very well done girls,maybe 1 day i will join you.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Sour dough starter discard recipes https://www.kingarthurflour.com/reci...iscard-recipes

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X