This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornings!
    It's a sunny, dry and calm day - bit nippy at 5C, but hopefully it'll warm up enough for more gardening.
    Just noticed my snowdrops are flowering so late in their first year, I thought they'd all died.

Have a good'un

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Cold at just 5 degs but its sunny and dry.
      Grocery shopping this morning.
      Making a batch of soup for the freezer this afternoon.
      This has been our staple lunch during the winter and we seem to go through it do quickly.
      Hopefully something garden related this afternoon.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A litlte bit dismayed just now. I've just manhandled a fridge freezer and a television to the front of the house for pick up by the Council. I have used their services before and at £16 for up to three large items collected they are reasonably priced.
        I went online and collection days were Fridays. Excellent I thought, I will get the two items picked up on Friday. Not so.The earliest I can get them picked up is Friday March 6th!

As I have no where to store them indoors this means they are going to be left by my front gate for a month, which isn't ideal.

Ah well, its quite sunny out, which is a bonus and I am gee-ing myself up to take delivery of a load of logs. Had a big breakfast and an ibruprofen sandwich.....so bring it on.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
          Evening, hope you're all going well!

Eldest daughter turns 14 tomorrow.. that makes me feel old!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89994[/ATTACH]
          Was feeling fine till I read the last line of your post
          Last edited by rary; 04-02-2020, 01:04 PM.
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon sun is out today and it feels nice when out walking, need to cut this short as battery is low, tablet's not mine
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• afternoon all,mild outside,CAPT just another milestone,and they just keep coming,it's behind you,oh yes it is hehehehe.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                need to cut this short as battery is low, tablet's not mine
                You do know you're not supposed to take pills prescribed for someone else, don't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post

As I have no where to store them indoors this means they are going to be left by my front gate for a month, which isn't ideal
                  Someone might steal them Snadge If they were outside mine they'd be picked up by scrappers!
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon, I've been mostly baking, 5 loaves, 2 nana breads, then 12 pancakes to use up my sourdough discards.
                    House for smell good
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I'm going to be picking your brains next winter, Bren. I've never tried sourdough before. This winter's mission was to improve my bread-making; next winter's is sourdough. I bet your kitchen smells lovely.

My baking efforts today are a crown of bread rolls and two weird looking torpedo type loaves. They might look odd but they smell pretty good. It's all I can do not to try the end of one!

Comment

• Evening all, that was a very wet night last night lots of wind and rain. I think it will be a cold one tonight it was 5’C when I got in at 6pm, there are no clouds in the sky, lots of stars, so I reckon we’ll see some frost tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Someone might steal them Snadge If they were outside mine they'd be picked up by scrappers!
                          same here, not even on a road, but they still come down the footpath looking for anything Garden at the end of the footpath had their old iron bench 'lifted'

Comment

• Evening all, day started off brisk but dry and it stayed dry and bright and cold all day. Seeing a couple of posts saying 5c is cold. I'd bleed for that temperature .

Got my car back. A replacement xenon bulb which I told them was needed. It actually went out the evening before it went into the garage. Horribly expensive bulbs they are but cheapest MOT I've had for a number of years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                              The telly blew over in the high winds so the screen is broken and for some reason to do with the ozone layer and degassing? the scrap men won't take fridge/freezers

I have seen cold smokers made from old freezers but couldn't get it in the car to be able to experiment at the allotment.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good Morning All No frost despite the forecast. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X