This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    You have an Ironheart.....I am so Jealous!I keep ogling them on google and sometimes wish our stove would break down so I could persuade OH to get an Esse Ironheart with viewing window on stove front. Not likely to happen, but I can always dream
    Just go for it Snadge...you only live once.

Buy one for your Mrs for her birthday
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Snoop! That's a heck of a lot of damage
      Glad you and yours are ok though x
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening, I was sitting here thinking that this weather was terrible as its usually cold dull and wet and some of you are sowing or preparing to sow seeds, then I read Snoops post and realise that I do quite well in comparison, so thinking of you Snoop and hope you get by the terrible weather with no mishap to yourselves or house
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Had a damp and very foggy morning in Kildare and it’s coming in again this evening.

Snadger glad to hear you got your fridge freezer sorted.

Snoop, so sorry to hear about all your weather damage, I hope you get sorted soon. What part of Spain are you in ?

Seen a video of hail stones in Australia today they were the size of tennis balls. Last week they were having a heat wave and fires and this week they have hail stones - Climate Change

Comment

• Well, I've decided against going back to the UK tomorrow. It's peeing down again. Forecast is for another 60 mm/litres per square metre. Water is now seeping up from underground into part of the house. Can't be bothered to deal with it now. Solar system still on the blink. Water in the works somewhere, I'm guessing. But, the firewood is still dry, the generator is still working and there are no leaks from the roof over the bed! Plus Mr Snoop and I get on quite well, and that makes a huge difference when the going gets tough.

LD, hope you're not coming down with something. Seems very old-fashioned to suggest this, but cuddle a hot water bottle. Makes a lot of difference if you're feeling chilled to the bone.

Catch you tomorrow guys. Have a nice evening.

Comment

• Commisserations from me as well Snoop. Nature is an incredible thing and when it goes rogue there's now to do but try to sit it out. Hope things improve for you soon but stay safe meantime.

Lottie, you absolutely shouldn't be cold so turn up the heating a notch when you have to. We have the heating on all night at the moment but with the thermostat set at 17c. I hear it on sometimes for short spells when its cold out but it hasn't increased our oil consumption noticeably.
              Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 23-01-2020, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Hugs Snoop and Lottie. No frost again. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornings!
                  A grey old day today with not a break in the sky but it is frost free.
                  I'm making it up as I go along today, again. Yesterday I got some knitting done, so could be more of the same - it's nice near the stove

Have a good'un

Comment

• Morning, What a difference it makes without the frost and fog it feel so much milder.

Snoop what a mess I hope you and MrSnoop got some sleep last night xx
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Thick fog this morning.
                      Must go shopping this morning and hopefully it will brighten up later.

Lotty, nothing like a hot water bottle when you're feeling the cold.

Snoop, stay safe and hope the water recedes and stay dry.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Bright and dry here. Aged German Shepherd to vets this morning.

Take care all.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Sorry to hear your news about your German Shepherd, Snadger. Our aged cat looks OK but doesn't cough OK...

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. Just as well I decided I wasn't going to go back to the UK because I wouldn't have been able to go even if I'd wanted. No cars getting out of our drive today whatsoever. Still too much snow. Sunny now, though the thaw is very slow as it's still really cold. Another addition to the damage: the roof of Mr Snoop's car has buckled under the weight of snow. The garage where it should have been still hasn't been built... My car is full of water, but that will dry out (she says, hopefully).

So, on with whatever show I can muster. Catch you later, guys. Have a good one meanwhile. LD, hope you're doing OK.

Comment

• Good news is Amber, my Shepherd has got a reprieve. Painkillers to add to her food tonight.......that should be fun.

Thinking of you Snoop as I saw some horrific pictures of weather conditions on the news.
                            Hopefully you have seen the worst and things will pick up again.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good afternoon,dull and damp today, was at the church coffee morning but once back home OH said she was cold and tired, I think she is getting a bit of a relapse, as she was in bed last night at 8 I think we need a bit of warmer weather, Snadger best of luck with the tablets, I had a lab. setter cross as big gentle dog but giving him tablets was a nightmare put it in his mouth held it closed then let go and he would spit it out or in with his food the bowl would be licked clean with the tablet in the middle, finished up having to give him bread,butter and jam with the tablet squashed into it feed him 2 or 3 bits then the bit with the tablet.
                              Hope the weather gets a bit better for you and any damage to house, garden etc. can be sorted any damage to a person not as easy, so take care
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• HI all,all the best for the dog Snagder,been right miserable day here,so dark,no frost or mist so that's ok,was forced to go shopping,felt like a zombi walking about,glad to get home,recon these days,my body responds to a bit of stress differently to when i was younger,what with MR,son,hens and could not find my phone for a couple of days,feel a bit warmer today,as for hot water bottles,they are my best friend,even just for comfort,in the hot weather i take a cold 1 to bed,Snoop stay safe lass,fairy tomoz,have good evening peeps.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X