Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all, hard frost last nigh, car was white this morning and reading -2’C on the car, temperature picked up today just in and it was reading +9’C at 4:00

Comment

• 40 cm of snow and rising... Too cold to make snow figures, Nicos. Mind you, the branches of one of our olive trees are so heavy with snow that they're leaning over a wall like a man holding on for dear life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        40 cm of snow and rising... Too cold to make snow figures, Nicos. Mind you, the branches of one of our olive trees are so heavy with snow that they're leaning over a wall like a man holding on for dear life.
        NO WAY am i going to like that,40cm,that's 15&3/4in ruddy norah,that's over the top of me wellie's,you take good care lass.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening, we’ve been out walking but stuck to the roads though it was boggy in the fields, was nice in the sunshine.

Hope you don’t get much more snow Snoop.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all. Had an early start today. Heating engineer actuallyh came to service the heating system and install a new 3 port valve thingie. Been roasting tonight . Fell asleep though and woke just as the credits were running on Silent Witness. Ah well, Iplayer tomorrow

Comment

• Good Morning All Frosty here Sner Snoop, hope you don't get any more. Hi Ho, have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornings,

A cold and frosty morning, only -2.2C atm brr! Looks lovely through the window, blue sky and sunshine. Think that's as near as I'll get 'til it warms up a tad.
                Today I'll be making it up as I go along....

Have a good'un

Comment

• Morning all,freezing out,still better than what snoop has,lets hope it kills some nasty thing away whilst it at it,have a good day and stay safe,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Wow..that's some sner Snoop!
                    Are you very high up or is the whole of your area getting the snow?

More building work for me ( what's new??)
                    Trying to get stuff ready for the electrician who is coming to do the final connections in the lounge. Only got today and tomorrow to prepare. Got to grab these busy guys when they have a window of opportunity eh?

All very exciting

Best crack on!
                    See ya later peeps
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon, all. Well, it snowed all night. And now the rain has started, but it's so cold it's not doing much to thaw the snow just yet. But it's lethal underfoot.

Masses of tree damage. Lots of pines down, our olive trees by the house are a mess (almost all the branches snapped off, though the trees will survive and new branches will grow, probably in time for the next massive snowfall), our favourite oaks have lost branches. This is just near the house. Looking out the window, it looks like the other side of the valley didn't get hit as badly as our side. Will just have to wait and see to survey the full damage later on, when it's a bit safer. Very sad. 110 mm/litres of rain forecast today plus more tomorrow. So at least the underground water supplies should replenish.

Feel like a kid at school, pretending to work but spending all my time looking out the window.

Have a good day, everyone. Stay nice and warm and dry for me!

Comment

• DHL and Argos are a joke. Youy lot are probably sick of hearing about my American Fridge/Freezer woes but today they tried to deliver it for the second time after an original purchase in the Black Friday sales.
                        First time delivered by someone supposedly on light duties and a plumber who had been seconded onto delivery duties. Took it away saying it was too much for them to lift even though I volunteered to help. Same happened again today with another pair , three weeks after first delivery, and they told me to order another model which wasn't as big.

I told them to get it off the van and onto my property and I would sort it myself. Single handed I have managed to walk, push and pull it the short distance to the rear French Windows and into the house.

It is now sittting in the position it was intended for and I am soaked with sweat.

Alls well that ends well, but it has left me disheartened with the workforce of DHL and the office staff of Argos who's only retort was "Would you like to cancel"

Hope you all have a good day and I promise I will never mention fridge freezers again.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Take it easy Snadge.
                          Slow and easy wins the race.
                          At least you have it indoors now.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well done Snadger, when I started reading your post I thought they are going to ask you to cancel the order, (my advice would have been not to) glad to see you got it into place, where there's a will there's a way
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Snadger:
                              I promise I will never mention fridge freezers again.
                              I do hope you'll be 'mentioning it' to both Argos and DHL... what's the point of Argos selling them if you can't get them delivered. DHL shouldn't accept the item for delivery if they aren't prepared to do what they're being paid for ** grumble grumble**

I've had people refuse to deliver because I live along a footpath without direct road access, even someone that wanted to leave an ordinary sized gas cooker outside on the path and it's not like I'm up loads of steps. Even I can move one of those, so he didn't get away with it!!

Comment

• Arghhhhhhh!!!! Got to my plot today to find a couple of panes of glass blown out of my greenhouse. To make it worse, the glass is non standard size . When I installed the greenhouse, there was some glass missing and I ended up adding an astricle and then using standard sized panes and a couple of narrow infill pieces. I'm going to have to do the same thing again. Could have done without the hassle though .

Well done Snadge. These firms will probably tell you it's an elfin safety issue.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X