X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    It's a beautiful clear morning.
    Sparkly frost earlier but that's gone now.
    Trump is just 1 deg at the moment.
    A perfect day to play pitch and putt.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, we had a frost earlier, but the wind is picking up again so that will blow it away, still minus temps though and a clear blue sky, could be a day for freezing in a bird hide for an hour or two...………………….

Comment

• Mr Snoop has been busy preparing kindling and the like for next week. My job is to get the big logs in (already cut and I hate snapping kindling, so very happy with my side of the arrangement). He's gone into a nearby town to get in supplies, while I wait in in the hope that another firewood delivery will arrive today. Snow forecast varies depending on which weather service you look at. If it doesn't fall as snow, there will be plenty of rain. Fingers crossed no flooding but still glad to have it. Read about the dying sequoias this morning. Not quite of the same order but we have lots of juniper bushes dying locally. I might suggest to Mr Snoop we try and clear some, as they will be terrible fuel in the event of a forest fire.

Other than that, not much other news. My waistline is suffering from all the homemade bread... No surprise in that news. The Netherton foundry bread cloche is due to arrive any time now, so that won't be much of an incentive to give up the bread!

LD, there might be clubs that would suit your husband. Often related to old-time songs, old-fashioned games and puzzles, followed by lunch. Such services often offer transport as well. The memory clinic might be able to point you in the right direction. If not them, then they might know of a service that might know about clubs. My dad's dementia navigator (as she was officially called) was able to give my mum loads of information about services. Pick-up around 10.30 or 11.00 am, return back home about 3.00 pm. Another big hug.

Right, better get moving that firewood. Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all,what nice day,quite frost early on,have spent some time outside,looking like you do,cleared the greenhouse,and started on the beds,helped by the hens of course,tried my hand at putting them darned clips to hold the class in place,grrrr,no good YET.
          Thanks Snoop,will ask away when i see the people,have noted down the official name of said memory helper,or i will forget hehehe.
          Danny,every little helps lad.
          Well done Nicos,you get so far then the end gets shorter,stand back and be proud,thank goodness that bits over,have a good after noon all,am off outside again,to get warmed up in the sunshine.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening all, been bitterly cold here all day and even in the cold greenhouse where I planted up some onion sets it wasn't comfortable to be. Don't recall if I mentioned it but I'm suffering from chronic pain in my back. It has eased a wee bit today but still uncomfortable. Hopefully it's on the wane

Comment

• Hope your back pain eases soon AP, try a nice hot bath to release the muscles.

Comment

• Evening all, it’s been a cold day here today also, got the turf in and cleaned and lit the fire this morning then an afternoon and evening of rugby with my team Leinster Rugby finishing as no.1 seeds in the Heineken Cup after the qualifying 6 rounds and earning a home quarter final against the team that will finish in 8th place, and if we win that we will also have a home semi final.

Comment

• You have my sympathy AP...my back has never been the same since I put it out really badly 3years ago so I very much understand.
                  My hot water bottle is my best friend when it's bad.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                    Lovely frosty start to the day!

Not sure what today will bring but we're starting it with a bacon butty

I was woken by a strange Dr Who moment.
                    You remember the evil looking angels in 'Don't blink'? Well I was stalked by Hibou...everytime I took a tiny peek to see where she was she'd moved nearer towards me by a few inches until she was about 6" from my face
                    Very bizzare in a dark bedroom and a black cat...just a pair of eyes getting nearer and nearer! Ha!

Have a great Sunday peeps. See ya later...

Comment

• Mornings!
                      Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      You have my sympathy AP...my back has never been the same since I put it out really badly 3years ago so I very much understand.
                      My hot water bottle is my best friend when it's bad.
                      What annoys me is that I can never work out exactly what it is that starts it off again, cos that way I might have a chance of avoiding it, but will add that It never likes me working out in the cold.... so I really do try not to... Hope it eases soon AP.
                      Yesterday, I did manage to put the new g/house runners in and the door back into place, plus 2 glass panes fitted. The third one is a different size, so for now the gap has plastic and a lot of tape over the hole, til I can get one cut to size. My back is creaky this morning... I certainly won't chance doing any more outside, today
                      I was naughty at teatime and had some chips with my tea, can't be good every day I suppose..
                      Have a good'un

Comment

• Morning another frosty start, a bit of harvesting but thats all I need to do in the garden, will be wrapping up later for a walk.

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                        Don't recall if I mentioned it but I'm suffering from chronic pain in my back. It has eased a wee bit today but still uncomfortable. Hopefully it's on the wane
                        Have you had physio AP ? not sure how it works in Scotland but we can phone the Hospital to make our own physio appointment.

It looks like self referral isn't available everywhere.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/physiotherapy/accessing/
                        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 19-01-2020, 08:49 AM.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Glad to see you have been naughty too Thelma.
                          We actually had a slice of Bakewell pudding last night and will have a bacon butty this morning.
                          Then back on the diet.
                          I think that's fair enough after 2weeks of dieting. The weight is dropping and that's the main thing

Comment

• Good Morning All Frosty. Pan's on here. Have a lovely Sunday and keep moving AP
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. It's raining here. Forecast has changed: 20-odd mm of rain today, but we've already had more than that so far, 25 cm of snow overnight and tomorrow and then 100 litres/mm of rain on Tuesday and Wednesday, supposedly. The dirt tracks into town will be a quagmire. In theory, we're getting a load of firewood delivered today. Don't think he'll come, unfortunately.

For people with backache, one thing I found that helped is to put a cushion underneath my thighs in bed, quite high up but not right under my bottom. Seems to stop my back pulling in bed. Not an instant cure, but reduces the pain. Might not work for you, but thought I'd mention it.

Not much other news. Just more of the same. Hope you all have a lovely day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                A beautiful clear sunny morning here.
                                Off to church h shortly but no other plans at the moment.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...