Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sympathise Snadge, we had pretty much the same problem with a washing machine which,said the older man to his 12-year old assistant, would not fit properly in the allotted space. My son got it in properly. Why do they send delivery men unable to deliver?
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening all, my plans to dry out some of my turf faile because it rained overnight. The weeks weather forecast said on Saturday no rain for the week, but lots of cold weather. So sorry stripped back the leaking tarpaulin to let the moisture freeze overnight and then evaporate the following day, and it was working, now I have more wet turf than I started with.
      Last edited by Can the Man; 21-01-2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can the Man View Post
        now I have more wet turf than I started with.
        That's bad luck CtM hope you get some dry weather soon.

Comment

• Thanks Thelma, frosty weather is what I need as there won’t be enough drying capacity in the air at ambient temperatures but at lower temperatures there will be because the air is dryer and can absorb the moisture easily in the winter sun.

Comment

• Good Morning All Warmer than yesterday and no frost. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
              Very frost here.

Well done Snadge moving that.
              Reminds me of when we ordered our Ironheart Esse stove. It's 370 kg and we said it needed to be carried up a granite staircase to get into the house.
              They turned up with two guys
              OH helped them lift it indoors but I'm surprised none of them had hernias doing so

More diy for me. I might take myself out later and buy some pansies for the window boxes.
              Always nice to see flowers eh?
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Snadger glad you finally got the Fridge-Freezer you bought Ours was second hand from a friend and it did take some getting into the house ended up removing internal doors as well as fridge freezer doors, was worth it though.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornings,
                  No frost today, we have mizzle instead so it's a touch warmer than yesterday.
                  Must get on and do stuff today, as I don't seem to have done anything much the last few.
                  Weigh in this morning and lost another 3 1/2lbs this week
                  (although I'm drinking lemon tea, right now, what I really really fancy is a nice big mug of hot chocolate )
                  Gotta keep going though...Onwards and downwards!

Have a good'un

Comment

• Bit sad at seeing all the damage. We got flooded yesterday and spent a good while bailing out and digging drainage channels. Despite all the rain, there's still around 20 cm of snow everywhere. Solar system isn't working (water in the works?) Trees are a total mess and birds are desperate. All our olive trees have lost major branches, lots of pine trees felled, our peach tree and one of our heirloom local plum trees have keeled over. The fields are under snow and slush, and we've got rivulets a few inches deep cut across some of our tracks.

On the plus side, we've got a dry pile of firewood. Petrol for the generator and enough drinking water if we eke it out for a couple of days. And Mr Snoop didn't have a heart attack yesterday while digging the drainage channels. Neither did I. Oh, and despite the flooding, the freezer still works, amazingly.

On the complicated side, I've got a plane to catch tomorrow and clients will be wanting work today.

50 cm of snow and no idea how much rain. The forecast was 110 mm/litres per square metre, but I think we had well over 160 going by an 80-litre wheelbarrow that measures 47% of a square metre at the top and was overflowing enough to create a mini gorge in the mud that is 15 cm deep this morning.

But if that sounds bad, locally there are farm buildings that have lost their roofs and some old houses in a nearby village that have collapsed. So, despite the damage and hassle, I'm still counting my blessings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Mornin Flon'all
                      Very frost here.

Well done Snadge moving that.
                      Reminds me of when we ordered our Ironheart Esse stove. It's 370 kg and we said it needed to be carried up a granite staircase to get into the house.
                      They turned up with two guys:
                      OH helped them lift it indoors but I'm surprised none of them had hernias doing so

More diy for me. I might take myself out later and buy some pansies for the window boxes.
                      Always nice to see flowers eh?
                      You have an Ironheart.....I am so Jealous!I keep ogling them on google and sometimes wish our stove would break down so I could persuade OH to get an Esse Ironheart with viewing window on stove front. Not likely to happen, but I can always dream
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Lovely spring type morning here today. No wind, reasonably mild and quite sunny. Just stuck some washing in so they will get a bit of a blow on line.

Take care folks.
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

On the plus side, we've got a dry pile of firewood. Petrol for the generator and enough drinking water if we eke it out for a couple of days. And Mr Snoop didn't have a heart attack yesterday while digging the drainage channels. Neither did I. Oh, and despite the flooding, the freezer still works, amazingly.

So, despite the damage and hassle, I'm still counting my blessings.
                          I couldn't like all of your post, but do like these bits Snoop.

In the long term I suppose the snow and rain will replenish the underground water, somewhat, but to hear the damage it's done is very sad indeed

Comment

• Sorry to hear of your troubles snoop puss.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Very dry and mild but no sun yet.
                              No plans for the day so will take it as it comes.

Snoop hope your weather improves.
                              The damage to your trees sounds awful.

Have a good all day whatever you're up to,

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• afternoon all,Snoop stay safe,the worlds gone mad,snow in Spain and fire's down under,sorry to hear about the damage to trees,was not quite so frosty earlier on,but quite misty for a while,dry and chilly,my bonce looks better now i had me trim,Lucky hen is still with us,trying to thing of somat useful to do and getting nowhere,and keep hitting the wrong letters on the board ,very unusual for me i am feeling the cold inside,turned the stat up to 30 for a bit,and put to system on for longer,am concidering,leaving it on 24 hours,just turn it low before bed,then it should keep the heat in the bricks better,cannot be cold,it's called,Looking after one's self,stay safe and have a good day.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X