This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all,

if I go to the well known store when I need something, somehow they never have what I need. Can be really frustrating.

Today, I got busy in the greenhouse planting Sturon onion sets in cellpacks. In this milder weather, they should get off to an early start.

Comment

• Hi all. I was doing a bit of shopping today and managed to get two lots of onion sets and one packet of shallots which were 3 for a fiver at B&M.

The shallots will be planted ASAP but the onions won't go in until April. I have tried early sowings of onion sets before into modules but they become very dependant on regular watering, which I cannot guarantee,
      Emptying old fridge/freezer, housework,moving logs from store and shopping took up most of the day today.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Amazing fog here this morning but it looks like it's started to lift.

So...what a decision to be made!
        Today is Chinese New Year (happy new year to those who are celebrating)
        AND it's Burns night.
        So, decision made, its Haggis for supper tonight. My Scottish bloodline of the McLeod Clan swayed the decision

More sanding down for me today ...we're on a time limit so we've got to crack on!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Yeh...no Snoop!
          I wonder if the electricity is down? Wouldn't surprise me.
          * sending positive vibes in that direction...
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Hope Snoop is just too busy with other things. Fine weather so far here but very overcast. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Mornin n'alln'all

Amazing fog here this morning but it looks like it's started to lift.

So...what a decision to be made!
              AND it's Burns night.
              So, decision made, its Haggis for supper tonight. My Scottish bloodline of the McLeod Clan swayed the decision

More sanding down for me today ...we're on a time limit so we've got to crack on!
              Could make for an interesting meal. Haggis and noodles anyone?
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Old fridge/freezer wrestling on the cards for today!

I must get the old fridge/freezer wrestled around to the front gate along with a defunct telly to be picked up by the local council. We need a bigger sofa as well so the old smaller version will have to go. Its not too bad really as the Council will pick up three large items for £16, so can't complain.
                I might even try for a couple of hours down the allotment to do a bit tidying and planting of shallots. Red torpedo onions need sowing indoors as well.

Have a goodun folks.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  The sun is shining, its 7 degs and a perfect day for pitch and putt.
                  Catch you all later.
                  Have a good day.

Snoop, hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornings!
                    Yesterday I did resist cake (patting myself on the back) and the greenhouse is all fixed now.... just in time with the weather forecasters saying it'll be windy again next week

Cold and damp this morning, so still not 'gardening weather' for me, fingers are itching to sow something, though...

Have a good weekend all

Comment

• Hi all. Thanks for thinking of us. Bit of an exhausting day yesterday and not much petrol for electricity. So we were eking it out. Anyway, to cut a long story short, a man came yesterday with a JCB and cleared the track to the road for us. So Mr Snoop has gone into town to top up supplies of water and petrol and food for us and the neighbours further down the valley who have chosen to remain cut off (didn't want the JCB destroying their track).

All this made me think about Lolie in Australia. Haven't seen her about here for a bit. Anyone got any news?

Comment

• It's a relief to hear from you Snoop, stay safe x
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          AND it's Burns night.
                          Nicos the 2 days only coenside one every76 years

And your Scottish connections, are they from Lewis and if so are you connected to that fellow on the other side of the Atlantic?
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Hope things ease off a bit for you Snoop
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	1
Size:	652.3 KB
ID:	2386116

Happy St Dwynwen's Day.

We don't eat haggis or noodles today - we have a cwtch.

Comment

• A cwtch sounds just the job. A friend is coming over to do us a 'surprise' supper. I'm guessing haggis. The last time he did this, they were tinned jobs and smelled pretty ghastly...

Edited to add: Mr Snoop picked up the Netherton Foundry bread cloche while in town. Looking forward to using it a bit later.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 25-01-2020, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X