Clear All

• The 'ish' bit is the best bit eh???

It's good to be back x
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
      That a bit below the belt Can oh it is for that anyway
      But it does show how nature is so versitile, though you had to be careful that you didn't get any of that course grass (sage grass I think it is, as it definitely made you think on what you were doing) or you could finish up being cut
      More like getting a nasty nettle sting, or maybe finding a small frog caught up in the grass.

Comment

• Evening all, it’s starting to finally look like spring, mild morning temperatures got up to 10’C during the day, and it’s probably about 7 or 8’C out there now. No rain

Comment

• Evening all, the day started off frosty but it lifted very early and spent a while in the greenhouse pricking out red onion seedlings. Had lunch out paid for by my youngest son. He's 40 this year

Comment

• Good Morning All Cold again. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
              It's getting lighter earlier innit?-another sign of Spring!
              Very wet here -pity, cos we're having a window fitted on that side of the house today. Fortunately the new front door side is protected by the house.
              Very excited !!!!

Enjoy your day peeps -nearly weekend!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• FF and Nicos arriving before me. That's back to the normal order of things. Phew.

Off to hospital this morning for yet another doctor to look up my nose and say "Vaya pólipo" (What a polyp!). Not sure anybody will do anything about it, at least for now, given the Covid-19 situation. Better things for ENT surgeons to be doing than that. Still, got to keep the faith.

And then home to a great heap of work and a friend arriving (announced at midnight last night), which will be very nice but has rather flummoxed my plans for the next couple of days. I should have shut up about my bread. He wants to come and learn how to bake bread... Looks like I'll be getting to grips with sourdough this year after all.

Right, on with the show. Catch you later, guys. Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                  ...He wants to come and learn how to bake bread... Looks like I'll be getting to grips with sourdough this year after all...
                  It's easy Keep us updated on the Fermented Foods thread.
                  To see a world in a grain of sand
                  And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• Mornings!
                    It's a cold and rainy one here, so no gardening for me today

My G.son has put in an order for some Cornish Pasties, for after school/before football - so that's first on the list..

Have a good'un

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Cold, bright and dry here.
                      First time I have had a free day for a long time.
                      Intend to spend as much as possible in the garden and greenhouse.
                      Lots to do and catch up on.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                        It's easy Keep us updated on the Fermented Foods thread.
                        Or on the Sourdough thread https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ead_62813.html

Comment

• Howdy all,dry but darker,yes it's nice to see the lighter AM & PM,every new season seems like it gona be a new challenge for everyone,especially the poor farmers,just maybe moor peeps will want an allotment,have a good day
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            It’s a pity we’ve lost the photos from that thread there were some nice looking loaves.
                            I’m still baking using my original starter the discards get used for oatcakes, pancakes, pizza, crackers, scones we’ll in lots of things really.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Ooooh I'd love some HM bread *drool* - it's the thing I'm really missing on this diet

Comment

• That's a lot of pages on the sourdough thread. Thanks for mentioning it, VC. I didn't even know it existed. Might take me a while to make my way through it. Have looked at the most recent pages and come across some names I haven't seen on here for a bit, Nanny Sally and Mrs Wadders among them.

No panic shopping here according to Mr Snoop, who visited a couple of supermarkets while I was at the hospital. Bit surprised: blood tests and electrocardiogram on Monday, chest X-ray and a visit to the anaesthetist in ten days, op next month. They're not hanging around. Can't help but wonder if all these tests (had a CAT scan as well a couple of weeks ago) are because I'm now officially classified as old. Soon be catching you up at this rate, Rary.

Have a nice afternoon, guys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X