X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Chilly and dull here.
    Not a lot to do so just pottering today.
    A P. So sorry to hear the sad circumstances your wife is going through.
    There are going to be many tough and sad times ahead for us I'm afraid.

Stay safe all and have a good day..

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all,how nice is it outside eh ,no fairy this week,but hopefully if weather holds,her and other half will come and help with garden,i got a start turning over the greenhouse,ti's hard work,just hoping help is good,must try my luck on monday early and do a pensioner hour slot shopping,IF they got what i would like on my list,and we allowed out,stay safe and take care x.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning just been out for a walk and now having a coffee in preparation for oven cleaning I knew I should have went for a longer walk got a wee clip sent to me but though I can't add it on to this I thought I that I will pass on for yo to read
        A man was being asked what he should do if suspected of having coronavirus, so question should you A/ stay in the house with your wife and children for 2 weeks, or B B, deffinatly B
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good job the elderly and vulnerable are early risers for the store benefits
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            Good job the elderly and vulnerable are early risers for the store benefits
            Well, some of them are *blush*

Mind you, at 70 I never thought of myself that way, until the Gov insisted that people of my age are.

Comment

• Good evening peeps...Hope everyone is all well.

Comment

• Evening everybody apologies I have not been posting for the last 2 weeks but I have been away on holidays n the Canary Islands - Fuerteventura. I never post when I’m away as it is only an indicator that the house could be empty.
                Anyway I got back on Tuesday night by scheduled Ryanair flight, with full service on the flight. We had experienced lockdown from midnight last Saturday until when we left on Tuesday evening. It was very strange and what as even stranger was the sun seemed to go into self isolation as well, the clouds came over and the temperatures dropped to around 20’C from previously in the mid 20’s.

Anyway we all got home safe and are in self isolation but 5hat doesn’t mean I’m able to do lots around the garden or house as I still have my normal day job to do which I can do from home.

Today I managed to get out and cut the grass, did a bit of tidying up in the garden, topped the curly kale that was starting to go to seed and pulled off a load of the lower leaves and put them in the composter.
                I sowed my first spuds of the year, 12 x type Nicola in my poly tunnel. Still having bits of frost,

Comment

• I hope everybody on here are all healthy and well, stay safe, stay indoors and away from people if not necessary and keep those hands washed.
                  Also please keep drinking warm/hot drinks and keep sipping water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    Good job the elderly and vulnerable are early risers for the store benefits
                    Like Thelma I think some of them are but not in this house I think its one of those myths, they are old so they must get up early, its like that other one, "an understanding wife" of course there was a probability of grass being in my shoes, I had just cut the grass, and how was I to know there was some on my shoes right off to make a coffee it might put her in a good, nah its just a cup of coffee not a wonder drink
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Ever since I stopped work I've avoided going out early mornings, - the roads are usually full of commuters and school traffic.
                      The roads may look a little quieter now................but still not enough to make me go shopping at 8am. Unless there are yellow stickers at that time, I'm not going.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Ever since I stopped work I've avoided going out early mornings, - the roads are usually full of commuters and school traffic.
                        The roads may look a little quieter now................but still not enough to make me go shopping at 8am. Unless there are yellow stickers at that time, I'm not going.
                        No chance of yellow stickers. Nothing left to stick them on.

Comment

• Originally posted by aberdeenplotter View Post
                          no chance of yellow stickers. Nothing left to stick them on.
                          truth!....

Comment

• That's it then - I'll live off whatever I can find at the back of the cupboard, in the depths of the freezer and The Little Shop at the Bottom of the Garden.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!
                              I'll be phoning my mom later.

Looks like a dull start to the day but we've been promised sunny weather for the rest of the week. Lovely! perfect for gardening.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning we have sunshine so I'll be mostly in the garden today
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X