Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking meatballs in a spicy tomato sauce with pasta, garlic bread, side salad and a handful of parmesan.

Nectarines and cream.

Comment

• Blue whiting for lunch. It's pinkish in colour, in case you're wondering.

Not sure about supper. Depends on friend up the valley, as we might go out. If not, hummus and yet more salad.

Comment

• Not quite sure about tonight but last night we had meatballs cooked in the sauce from the beef thickened with grated courgette and carrot served with pasta.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• We've just had smoked bacon sandwiches for brunch so it will probably be something light tonight. I fancy sardines on toast, but Himself says that "Shouldn't be allowed"!!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Sausages, mashed spuds and our runner beans
            plums for pud with homemade ice cream

Comment

• BBQ pulled pork in a hot & crispy baguette with a side of salady type stuff (inc. lettuce lol).

Also have a strange yearning for strawberry angel delight & I think there may be a packed lurking at the back of the top shelf cupboard where I can't reach - but I might restrain myself until tomorrow so I can fully regress & have jelly too

Edit to add: whilst my OH would very enthusiastically join you in the sardines on toast malarky Florence Fennel, I'm with your OH on this one x
              Last edited by Andraste; 09-08-2023, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• I love sardines on toast. In fact, now I've read the suggestion, I wish I'd thought of that before opening my mouth and offering the hummus (to be made), crackers (to be made) and salad (also to be made, obviously).

Comment

• I LOVE sardines on toast!…yummy yum!

Is that the fishy version of love/ hate marmite?

Comment

• Sardines as eaten fresh everywhere in Portugal, yes please! The rubbish we have had for decades in tins in the U.K. ........Yuk, Yuk, and triple Yuk.

Comment

• I like mackerel on toast we have it at lunchtime at least once a week.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I bring back tins of Glenryck Pilchards in tomato sauce. Absolutely love them…great in a tumble salad.

Comment

• Veg burgers, Charlottes and salad.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            I bring back tins of Glenryck Pilchards in tomato sauce. Absolutely love them…great in a tumble salad.
                            Now those I do not like. In fact, I don't like any tinned fish in tomato sauce. Just does not compute for me. We get tiny little ones called sardinillas in a lemony sauce in tins. Really good.

Supper tonight: aubergine parmigiana from the freezer.

Bread. Another banana and raisin cake. The last one was so good I hid two bananas from Mr Snoop so they'd go all squishy without him complaining they were going off.

Going to try my hand at making the pastry for Danish pastries today. Almond and apricot Danish for afternoon tea tomorrow, anyone?

Comment

• Good morning.

Snoop, Danish pastries for me please! The mere thought! I remember the best selection I ever encountered was in a five star hotel in South Kensington, London years ago. I wasn't a resident but some job interviews were being held there and I was early for the interview so went to see if they did a breakfast for non residents. I have never seen a bigger or better selection of Danish pastries and they were gorgeous as was the coffee.

I made my strawberry jam yesterday and I'm pleased with it.
                              Last edited by greenishfing; 10-08-2023, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Garlic beefburgers with salad and mayo and some chips on the side. Darkmilk lolly
                                Last edited by Florence Fennel; 10-08-2023, 08:49 AM.
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X