Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight I think smoked haddock, sweetcorn and pea risotto.

Fruit of some kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Going to try my hand at making the pastry for Danish pastries today. Almond and apricot Danish for afternoon tea tomorrow, anyone?

me me me me me please!!!!!!!…pretty please?

* drools as politely as possible….
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Something Greek apparently…OH is cooking….

Comment

• Some kind of soup tonight to go with the fresh bread (the smell of which is driving me mad) I think.

Comment

• last night: chicken & potato salad - a sort of take on a caesar salad but without the anchovies/croutons/parmesan & added cucumber/spring onion/green pepper/cold new potato chunks/garlic chives (basically chucked in what was available lol).

tonight: chilli with rice & garlic bread - maybe a few chips too.

Comment

• Chips here as well Andraste but we're having ours with fish and mushy peas.

Sweet potato and salad for lunch.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sounds lovely Bren In Pots - can't beat fish & chips

This is a really useful thread - I'm realising we eat far too much bread!

Pea risotto sounds interesting greenishfing - do you have a recipe you could share?

Comment

• Originally posted by Andraste View Post
                  Sounds lovely Bren In Pots - can't beat fish & chips

This is a really useful thread - I'm realising we eat far too much bread!

Pea risotto sounds interesting greenishfing - do you have a recipe you could share?
                  It was smoked haddock, sweetcorn and pea risotto. I poached the smoked haddock in milk first, gently fried onion and garlic in butter, added the rice and when it was well coated in butter added a decent glug of white wine and then used the milk along with some chicken stock as the main cooking liquid for the rice, added a ladle full at a time. I threw in the peas and sweetcorn for the last five minutes and then put the cooked smoked haddock in along with some parsley. It doesn't look anything special but is one of my husband's favourite meals. He is just as happy to change the smoked haddock to prawns or salmon plus any veg lurking in the bottom of the 'fridge.
                  Last edited by greenishfing; 11-08-2023, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Thanks greenishfing - I'm definitely going to give that a try

Comment

• Fish, courgette fritters and runnerbeans followed by stewed windfall apples.

I’ve taken a screenshot of your risotto recipe gf…I have some large prawns hiding in the freezer which need using up soon. Sounds a yummy recipe - thanks for sharing x

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

I’ve taken a screenshot of your risotto recipe gf…I have some large prawns hiding in the freezer which need using up soon. Sounds a yummy recipe - thanks for sharing x
                        If I'm using prawns I usually fry them in a tiny bit of fat just before the risotto is ready and then add all the contents of the frying pan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210813_170017.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	2566904

Comment

• Thanks gf

Comment

• Last night's soup was tomato, followed by strawberries and cream.

Tonight chicken and sweet potato curry with naan and/or rice depending how hungry we are.

Peaches and cream.

Comment

• Roast chicken, our spuds, our french beans and a creamy leek sauce.
                              Bakewell tart and cream for pud

Comment

• Got friends coming for supper. Should have been tomorrow but have had to rearrange at short notice. Thank goodness for cans of confit de canard and the freezer.

Confit de canard, mini roast potatoes, baked toms and courgette fritters. Tarte tatin for afters. I'll make the tatin first and see if I've got time to make a pissaladière niçoise for pre-dinner nibbles. Might as well be living in France rather than Spain!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X