Clear All

• ^^^ te he..yum!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^^^. Yum from me too!

Comment

• Snoop it looks like you’ll be having 3 extra guests this evening

We’re having our usual tagliatelle and Bol this evening.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Corned beef pie with broccoli and carrots this evening.

Comment

• Tonight fish pie made with salmon and parsley sauce in the base. I'm not sure yet whether it will be topped with mashed potatoes or pastry. We'll have broccoli and carrots with it.

Fresh fruit.

Comment

• Courgette and mince lasagna and french beans.
              Apple and rhubarb crumble and ice cream for pud

Comment

• It was a nice supper. Sorry it was such a long way to come. Next time, I'll give more notice so you can travel with the smiles. Mind you, the tatin pastry was terribly difficult to roll out, it was so hot in the kitchen. In the end, I had to roll it out between two sheets of baking parchment with a long, flat chilly block underneath at the start, till the rolled-out pastry got too big. Tasted good though, and didn't go tough (a sweet pastry rather than puff) despite all the repeated attempts to get it to roll out.

No supper for me to cook tonight as friend up the valley has volunteered.

Comment

• Snoop - wouldn’t work with a tart tatin but with sweet pastry for a base, when it’s hot weather I just press it in place like putty

Glad it all worked out

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Snoop - wouldn’t work with a tart tatin but with sweet pastry for a base, when it’s hot weather I just press it in place like putty

Glad it all worked out
                    Yes, I rather regretted committing to a tarte tatin. But our Italian friend couldn't believe it. Apparently it's his favourite and, as we were celebrating his birthday, I was glad I hadn't given up on it.

Comment

• I love plum tarte tatin, there's never going to be a soggy bottom!

Comment

• I’m really good at soggy botties…Paul and Pru would be impressed

Comment

• Yesterday's salmon pie was a big hit. It was only steamed salmon mixed into parsley sauce and topped with pastry but Mr GF has already asked for it to be a regular dish. I actually did consider making flaky or ruff puff pastry, and even went as far as getting the be-ro book out. (I haven't attempted either for years) but in the end just made shortcrust in the food processor.

Today, looking at the depleted 'fridge, I'm thinking bacon, eggs, tomatoes, last of the mushrooms and fried bread.🤫

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                            Corned beef pie with broccoli and carrots this evening.
                            Same again this evening.

Comment

• Jam tarts is my sole contribution to supper, as friend up the valley is cooking for us again.

Will make bread too. First for a little while.

Comment

• Frittata using up chicken and spuds and spinach…with a side salad of our own cucumber and tomato

Fresh mirabelles for pud

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X