Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^That's odd, Nicos. The supermarket where I can buy them is part of the Auchan chain (Alcampo here). Quite a way away, so we rarely go, mind.

Comment

• We're hoping to have lunch out today so who knows!

Tonight will just be a Chicken Salad as Mrs D will be playing tennis and wont be back until late... Which reminds me, I must get the chicken out of the freezer!
      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
      - Henry Beard

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        ^That's odd, Nicos. The supermarket where I can buy them is part of the Auchan chain (Alcampo here). Quite a way away, so we rarely go, mind.
        Thanks for that - unfortunately we don’t have any near here….but maybe on our camper adventures I can keep a look out!

Curry left overs for us tonight with papaya for pud
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Veggie burgers, home made cobs with a garden salad.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yesterday my husband had already put in a request for today. Prawn, pea and courgette risotto.

Comment

• Already decided …ham and melon followed by home made pizzas and a lettuce salad
              Ice cream for pud

Comment

• Linguine last night with a bit of frazzled chicken, black kale and a one pan dish of beef toms, courgettes, onion and garlic.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening tagliatelle, bol, pesto, parmesan and garlic bread.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Homemade pizzas in our Ooni Pizza Oven
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
                      Homemade pizzas in our Ooni Pizza Oven
                      Snap! Brill aren’t they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Snap! Brill aren’t they?
                        absolutely amazing! and your tip for using polenta on the peel is a real game changer. i wouldn't do it any other way now!
                        - Henry Beard

Comment

• ^^^ I read you can cook other things in it too but not tried anything.
                          mine is wood so would be harder to maintain a steady, lower, temperature, but I bet I could make something in there as it cools down

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            ^^^ I read you can cook other things in it too but not tried anything.
                            mine is wood so would be harder to maintain a steady, lower, temperature, but I bet I could make something in there as it cools down
                            I got the Ooni book for my birthday and that has loads of other ideas in there - even breads!

i'm not sure how it would work though, i have the Karu 12 so can convert it to gas if i want to (if the gas burner attachments ever come back into stock that is!) which might be the best way for regulating the heat for that sort of thing. but does that take the fun out of it? there is something about the wood smoke taste that just makes everything so much better!
                            Last edited by Peteyd; 14-08-2021, 10:23 AM.
                            - Henry Beard

Comment

• PIzza sounds like a good idea. Will add that to the list to have in a few days. Meanwhile tonight:

Charcuterie, cheeses and assorted salads.
                              Or
                              Confit de canard, rosti potatoes, baked tomatoes and green beans.

Depends how hungry the guests are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                                PIzza sounds like a good idea. Will add that to the list to have in a few days. Meanwhile tonight:

Charcuterie, cheeses and assorted salads.
                                Or
                                Confit de canard, rosti potatoes, baked tomatoes and green beans.

Depends how hungry the guests are.
                                Can't go wrong with a Charcuterie and adding cheese to it just makes it all the better!
                                - Henry Beard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X