This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Lunch: Hummus, salad, coleslaw and toast with tomato squidged on it with a drizzle of olive oil instead of butter.
    Supper: cauliflower, pear and blue cheese soup.

Also, going to try to make some cannelés, some for a gift, some for us. Never made these cakes before. Look fancy but not too difficult.
    Ah Snoop, I think I might just change my garlic bread to "pa amb oli". We haven't had it at all this year.

Comment

• We had roasted veg last night with our burgers and they were absolutely delish!
      Must ask what they added to them - very different from mine , but very yummy.
      Got me thinking of winter soups with croutons….mmmm
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Ah Snoop, I think I might just change my garlic bread to "pa amb oli". We haven't had it at all this year.
        With tomato we know it here as 'pa amb tomàquet'. After all the rain, I have lots of split toms to use up. Will roast some with basil too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

With tomato we know it here as 'pa amb tomàquet'. After all the rain, I have lots of split toms to use up. Will roast some with basil too.
          Pa amb oli is the Mallorcan version sold in just about every local bar. They grow a local variety of tomato (ramallet) that they string up and seem to keep well into Winter. Just wondering if they would grow in my greenhouse, if I can get seeds or if it would even make much of a difference. Hmmm. Just remembered one of the bars did it with thin slices of quick fried pork loin on top. I can't remember the name of the dish but I might have to have a go at cooking it this week now I can practically taste it.
          Snoop what do you do with your roasted toms after roasting? I tend to freeze them on the tray and then move them to freezer bags but wondered if there was any other local method of keeping them for winter?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Pa amb oli is the Mallorcan version sold in just about every local bar. They grow a local variety of tomato (ramallet) that they string up and seem to keep well into Winter. Just wondering if they would grow in my greenhouse, if I can get seeds or if it would even make much of a difference. Hmmm. Just remembered one of the bars did it with thin slices of quick fried pork loin on top. I can't remember the name of the dish but I might have to have a go at cooking it this week now I can practically taste it.
            Snoop what do you do with your roasted toms after roasting? I tend to freeze them on the tray and then move them to freezer bags but wondered if there was any other local method of keeping them for winter?
            De Colgar (hanging) tomato seeds available from Real Seeds here: https://www.realseeds.co.uk/tomatoes_vines_big.html
            You should easily be able to grow them in your greenhouse. Ramallet might be a slightly smaller version, but essentially the same thing.

I see they also have Rose de Berne seeds on this page. Total recommendation for these from me. They say they're quite large but ours have been medium-sized, even tending towards small now. My first year growing them. Will grow them every year from now on. They are really delicious and ripen early here (even before the Marmandes and quite soon after the Sungolds), which makes them a valuable crop to me.

As for the roasted toms, I'll slip them out of their skins and freeze them. I also freeze whole tomatoes. I roast them (from nearly thawed) whole or halved in tray bakes or with fish. A welcome touch of summer intensity in winter. The usual way to preserve them here would be canned/bottled, but I'm not up for that this year. Maybe next.

Comment

• Bbq tonight - nettle and beef sausages , halloumi, corn on the cob, lettuce and a tomato, cucumber pasta salad.

Blueberry tart and cream for pud.

Comment

• Another bbq !p
                Making hay whilst the sun shines as they say!

bbq lamb steaks, the rest of yesterday’s pasta salad and our french beans.
                Maybe choc ice for pud.

Comment

• Tonight I think ribs, either rice or couscous, sweetcorn, Padron peppers and a salad. (Veg subject to change depending what needs picking).
                  Grapes and cheese.
                  If the courgettes are going mad again I'll probably have a go at another chutney.

Comment

• Made a Mary Berry cherry and almond traybake for gifts this morning. OK but nothing to write home about.

Supper: Delia's vegetarian moussaka with ricotta topping.

Bread.

Comment

• Last night, pork loin (cut into medallions), fried potatoes, celeriac mash, cabbage, beetroot, courgettes in garlic and gravy. An autumny meal for an autumny day
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• This evening we're having garlic rosemary Lamb, roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and JA's with kale and french beans.

will be roasting a tray of toms while the ovens on.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lasagne with Peas for us tonight
                          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Salmon with cauliflower cheese and broccoli. Custards for afters if required (it's a large piece of salmon).

Comment

• We ended up having couscous not rice with the ribs last night as my husband had already put in his request for his favourite risotto tonight I did also make a few jars of a different courgette chutney.

So tonight is nibbles of olives, cucumber batons, radishes and little Sungold tomatoes. Prawn, courgette and pea risotto with sweetcorn on the side.
                              Crackers and cheese and grapes.

Comment

• Big pasta with lamb and leek sauce, French beans.

homemade chewey oat biscuits for pud

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X