X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza night with friends.

Fig and frangipane tart for afters.

Comment

• Tonight steak with pepper sauce, sweetcorn, Padron peppers, a small green salad, beer battered onion rings and tomato, pesto and mozzarella bake.
      Nearly forgot the garlic bread.
      Last edited by greenishfing; 11-09-2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• OH made focaccia this morning mainly to freeze , but I suggested we make this and have the focaccia with it…..

https://www.recipetineats.com/wprm_print/46957

We made the pasta from scratch too!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          OH made focaccia this morning mainly to freeze , but I suggested we make this and have the focaccia with it…..

Oh... I bet that's delicious. Got some sausages in the fridge... Got lots of pasta flour... Even got kale. And the pseudo-vegetarian up the valley likes kale, so I reckon I can twist his arm to try this. I reckon it's a go-er. Maybe even invite our Italian friend down again (he's coming for pizza today). Thanks.

Comment

• A Moroccan stew with squash, cavolo Nero and chickpeas. Had it with couscous. Was delicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Oh... I bet that's delicious. Got some sausages in the fridge... Got lots of pasta flour... Even got kale. And the pseudo-vegetarian up the valley likes kale, so I reckon I can twist his arm to try this. I reckon it's a go-er. Maybe even invite our Italian friend down again (he's coming for pizza today). Thanks.
              Dare I ask what a pseudo-vegetarian is?

Comment

• A pseudo-vegetarian, in this case, is someone who won't eat meat till something he likes is on offer.

Edited: Mr Snoop has just nodded in agreement and said it's a fair comment.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 11-09-2021, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Update on that recipe - slightly less dried herbs- otherwise delish!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    OH made focaccia this morning mainly to freeze , but I suggested we make this and have the focaccia with it…..

I like the sounds of that Nicos so I've added it to my vine blog.

Toad in the hole for us this evening with roast veg, kale, carrots and peas.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Well, the frangipane tart didn't get cooked. I made a total mess of the pastry... Just as well I made loads of dough for the pizzas, so no pud required.

Today: off out for lunch. With any luck, all I'll have to 'cook' for supper is a yogurt with a dollop of jam in it.

Comment

• Steak, french beans and our Charlotte spuds
                        Blueberry pie for pud

Comment

• Bulgar last night, with courgettes, DFB's, garlic, onion, carrot, cucumber and seared sweet peppers.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Apple pie last night from cooking apples grown in the garden. Had years of struggle to try and make the very old apple tree productive. Not a lot of apples,but more than we have had for years and they are not disease ridden so all good.

Comment

• Tuna pasta courgette bake.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lunch: Greek sausage and pepper casserole. Might bung a courgette or five in as well...
                                Off up the valley for supper.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X