This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Salad wraps featuring chillied anchovies followed by fresh peaches.
    The peaches are stunningly delish at the moment.

Pork chop bbq tomorrow as it’s supposed to be really nice weather
    I am jealous of those peaches. I find it nigh on impossible to buy the really ripe, run down your chin juicy peaches I remember from my childhood here. I have fond memories of a holiday in cornwall in the 60s where we almost lived on really fresh crabs and ripe peaches with clotted cream.

Comment

• Well, we didn't have the courgette fritters last night. We had a total luxury: beans on toast with a couple of rashers of bacon. Goodness but it was good. One tin of beans left...

So, fritters and veg for lunch.

Another loaf of bread... Well, it was only small, honest, and it was rather good with the beans. Was commenting to Mr Snoop this morning that it's been a while since I made a duff loaf. Could be today after all this boasting!

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I am jealous of those peaches. I find it nigh on impossible to buy the really ripe, run down your chin juicy peaches I remember from my childhood here. I have fond memories of a holiday in cornwall in the 60s where we almost lived on really fresh crabs and ripe peaches with clotted cream.
        *wipes chin ^^^ wonderful memories!

I have wonderful childhood memories of going to my grandmas every week and having a bowl of stewed apricots and custard - nothing before it, just the pud. (Sometimes followed by a lemon cream bun too) …no wonder I have a sweet tooth!
        It was preschool days but I adored tucking in to it.
        Years later my mom said granny used to mix a dose of cod liver oil into the apricots to hide the flavour
        I felt betrayed.

An addition to tonight’s bbq- thought we would also try bbq watermelon as I’ve seen lots of recipes for it. Seems a bit strange though….anyone else had it?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Is it the 'smoked watermelon ham' you're talking about? It was a relatively short-lived fad, I believe. Here's a piece in the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/food/201...t-at-what-cost

Comment

• This had caught my eye…watermelon and feta or watermelon and halloumi kebabs….

https://www.howsweeteats.com/2020/07...loumi-skewers/

Comment

• To be honest, me, I'd just pick off the cheese! Might be worth a try though.

Comment

• Courgette, Tomato, Mozzarella and Pesto Gratin - 'From Tunnel to Table' recipe for Autumn http://nickykylegardening.com/index....ipe-for-autumn

Just found this recipe and I intend having a go at it in the next few days.

Comment

• Fish stew, using lots of tomatoes, courgettes and onions. Probably with boiled Charlottes.
                  Have also picked a couple of cukes, might do them as nibbles while cooking.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Welsh rarebit with tomato salad last night. Lidl Vintage Cheddar. Very crumbly but much better than any of the plastic stuff purporting to be Cheddar that everyone else sells.

I'm going to leave Mr Snoop in charge of lunch. Probably will be lentils and peas as there's not much of yesterday's loaf left after the rarebit last night and toast this morning.

Quiche, coleslaw and other salady items. Bacchus radishes. They're massive now but still not woody and quite flavoursome.

Viennese jam tartlets as a gift.

Comment

• Jacket potatoes, ham with a garden salad.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• A selection of homemade spicy curries.

https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/eat/t19137.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I absolutely agree, Mrs D's uncle managed to grow some in a greenhouse a few years back, The memory of standing in the hot kitchen with peach juice dribbling down my chin will stay with me forever!

if you can find some, i saw an interesting recipe from Gill Meller today where he fried some with smoked bacon and sage. It's almost worth trying to find some just to give it a go!

I love Welsh rarebit Snoop Puss, we like to make it and put it in portobello mushrooms baked in the oven. delicious!
                          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
                            I love Welsh rarebit Snoop Puss, we like to make it and put it in portobello mushrooms baked in the oven. delicious!
                            Wow! That sounds fantastic. We can't get the big stuffing mushrooms locally, but I know a supermarket some way off that sells them. Next time we head that way, I'll make sure to get some. Thanks.

Comment

• ^^^ I’ve never seen them here…does sound yummy doesn’t it!

Comment

• Such good ideas. My tastebuds are going mad. Just had quiche (smoked bacon, mushroom and tomato.) I made the courgette, tomato and pesto dish I found on the internet and posted yesterday to go with it and bread and butter to dip in the liquid. This is definitely a meal to have again soon. The last of the quiche might sneak itself onto my plate for supper. "Might"!!!! Who am I kidding?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X