Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out for a bbq tonight so I’ve no idea!
    Makes a lovely change not having to think about it.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Lotty risotto with roasted aubergines (in garlic and chilli olive oil topped with cheddar), cuke and cherry toms.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Having Briam this evening with Stilton and sourdough.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Edited: all change. It was going to be risotto but Mr Snoop says it ought to be courgetti. And he's quite right. Lots of courgettes to get through. Maybe we could have them as noodles with stir-fried veg.

Also, a loaf of bread. And muffins of some variety or other. I've just received Delia's Cakes book... I'd make ginger shortbread but for the fact that there is next to no butter in the house. Going to have to fix that shortage sharpish.
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 04-08-2021, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Snoop you reminded me of the recipe I saw on TV the other day,this is the one,I’ve only got the onions & garlic at the mo & I don’t have a spiralizer but I imagine it tastes good I might be able to harvest a tomato soon,loads of green ones out there,looking forward to that,I’ve got loads of lettuce,I made a prawn cocktail with it the other day,I just make the sauce with mayonnaise & a little bit of tomato sauce,really nice.

10 minute prawn and courgetti

Serves 4
            Ingredients

2 tablespoons of olive oil

1 shallot, minced

4 cloves garlic, minced

12 cherry tomatoes, halved

500g medium raw prawns, peeled and deveined

Juice and zest of 1 lemon

500g (3 medium-sized) courgettes, spiralized (noodles)

2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped

Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
            Method

1. Place a large frying pan or skillet pan over a medium heat and add two tablespoons of olive oil. Stir in the shallots, garlic and halved cherry tomatoes and cook for two minutes.

2. Next add the prawns to the pan, toss and cook for two minutes, then add in the juice and zest of 1 lemon. Continue to cook until the prawns are pink and cooked through, about for a further three minutes.

3. Lastly add the courgette noodles, chopped Italian parsley and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss and cook for two minutes, then serve.

Comment

• ^^^^^ yummy yum JJ!
              I’ll definitely be giving that a go- thanks for sharing

Tonight we are having our own spuds,french beans, with grilled tomatoes and pork chops.
              Nectarines for pud

Comment

• Sounds good, JJ, except I'm allergic to prawns. But you've reminded me: I used to do something similar with smoked salmon a couple of years back. I remember it as being really yummy.

I imagine coarsely grated courgettes would do at a pinch. Probably easier to handle, in fact. Anyone else ever get surprised at how long spiralised courgetti can be?

Comment

• Pam seared salmon on top might even be nicer than prawns mmmm

Comment

• ^That sounds really nice. I've got salmon in the freezer. That's tomorrow's supper sorted. Thanks.

Comment

• The plumbers are still here.. all over the place they are
                      .. so instead of chicken and stir fried veg we had beef tom, cucumber, feta and crackers.
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Steak pie, charlottes, runner beans. carrot and peas.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• First day when I can't keep up with the veg patch. We'll have to eat two proper meals today!

Courgette patties with coleslaw, radishes and a tomato salad.

Baked salmon with yet more courgettes and toms, broccoli on the side.

Edited: having had lunch (the courgette patties), there is no way I can eat another proper meal today. Just as well the salmon is still in the freezer.
                          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 05-08-2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Last night was salmon baked with lemon and capers, jacket potatoes and leftover ratatouille cooked in the little halogen oven and salad.

Tonight if I still didn't have gas back on was going to be cheese and tomato toasties and salad but hooray we're cooking on gas again so my husband has already put in his request for prawn risotto again. Obviously one of the ingredients will be diced courgette. Probably a green salad with it.

Comment

• Roast lamb with our own beans and pasta in a creamy sauce
                              Blueberry tart for pud

Comment

• Chicken in sweet chilli sauce last night with noodles and stir fried veg (courgettes, beans, carrots, cabbage with cashews and cucumber in fish sauce and maggi seasoning). Plus garlic and ginger of course.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X