Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork chops, roast potatoes, mushrooms, onions and peppers.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Tomorrow will be spicy courgette and pepper frittata with a side salad from the garden.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Last night was Cuban rice (with a spicy tomato sauce and a fried egg, traditionally, but seeing as I don't like fried eggs, an omelette in our case).

Already made a loaf of sourdough white and some ginger flapjacks. So
        Lunch: ham sandwiches with the bread
        Supper: courgette and feta filo pie with salad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          Last night was Cuban rice (with a spicy tomato sauce and a fried egg, traditionally, but seeing as I don't like fried eggs, an omelette in our case).

Already made a loaf of sourdough white and some ginger flapjacks. So
          Lunch: ham sandwiches with the bread
          Supper: courgette and feta filo pie with salad.
          I have had Cuban rice in Spain but I 'm sure it also had a fried banana on top. Is that common? Must say I did think it was weird (but nice).

Comment

• Two nights ago was vegetable and prawn curry with naan bread.
            Last night was pork escalope with sage sauce, potato gratin, carrots and french beans.
            Tonight I'm thinking of baking a joint of ham, mustard sauce, potato scallops and salad.

Comment

• Pigeon last night with pomegranate molasses, courgettes, sweetcorn and crushed spuds.
              Lambs liver tonight with courgettes, sweetcorn and crushed spuds...
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                I have had Cuban rice in Spain but I 'm sure it also had a fried banana on top. Is that common? Must say I did think it was weird (but nice).
                In Barcelona at least, what we had would be 'arroz a la cubana', but I see plantain or banana are also served on the side. The only dish I've had along the same lines with plantain is frijoles, named after the black beans it also includes.

Plus, I have to add crème caramel to today's offerings. The recipe didn't look too complicated but I really should have thought more about it: 500 ml of milk, four eggs and a small tin of condensed milk plus half a teaspoon of vanilla looks like it'll make ten from the amount of mixture I've got left over after making five. There are two of us...

Edited to add: I've just read that you can freeze crème caramel. That somehow seems really unlikely, but might as well give it a go, I guess.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 19-08-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Tumble salad tonight followed by an orange

Comment

• Salmon fillets, home made coleslaw, a side salad and a baked potato.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• ^Nearly ditto: salmon fillets, salad and a julienne potato cake. Crème caramel for pud.

Comment

• Leftover baked ham, boiled potatoes, leftover ratatouille, homemade coleslaw and beetroot.

Comment

• Too tired to cook so just defrosting some home made curries.
                          Turkey and bean...and beef and artichoke...

Comment

• Pork and green pepper stir-fry last night with an assortment of veg and brown rice.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Change of plan again!... 'doing a Snoop'

Last night I was too tired to eat anything so there is defrosted curry needing eating plus the fresh mussels we bought yesterday
                              which also need eating asap .

How can food get so complicated

Comment

• Paella, I think. Just got to go freezer diving to find some chicken bits for it... Crème caramel for pud.

Also bread.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X