Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch: tom salad with some tuna, a few anchovies and olives. Never really like frozen beans but will cook some and pretend it's a salade niçoise.
    Supper: pea soup, confit de canard with figs and sauté potatoes, crème without the caramel (will add nutmeg to see if it comes out like a British egg custard without the pastry).
    Friend coming for supper and I don't want to go out shopping. Sounds like a lot but peas from the freezer, duck from a tin, figs from the tree, and custard in next to no time thanks to blender and pressure cooker.

Edited to add: plus yogurt, already on the go.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 08-09-2020, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Baked ham, roast potatoes and a selection of veg.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Salmon baked with lemon and capers, potato gratin, peas, aubergine fritters, roast vegetables leftover from yesterday and tartare sauce.
        Eton mess with strawberries and raspberries.

Comment

• Globe artichoke followed by
          Moussaka and salad
          fresh plums for pud
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Thinking of making this with a side salad...

https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/...ini-cannelloni

Comment

• ^They look nice.

Nicos, the egg custards were a success. I make them in the pressure cooker, but I'm sure they'd work however you make crème caramel. I made a crème caramel recipe (four eggs, half a litre of whole milk and 70 g of sugar whizzed up with a bit of vanilla extract and some nutmeg) and just left the caramel out. Delicious, a good way of using up eggs and less sugar because there's no caramel. Actually, we've decided we prefer them without the caramel. If you want to try in a pressure cooker, fill your moulds, cover with foil, place on a trivet in a pressure cooker with a cup or two of water (minimum for your pressure cooker), bring up to high pressure and cook for four minutes. Release pressure gradually rather than going for a natural or fast release. Natural release and they cook for too long; fast release and they seem to go a bit bubbly. If you use ceramic ramekins rather than metal or silicone moulds, you'll need a couple of extra minutes at high pressure. If you use one big mould, eleven minutes for metal.

Going for easy options after all the washing-up from yesterday:

Lunch: leftover pea soup, toast and yogurt with figs.
              Supper: roast pork and red cabbage, both out the freezer, and leftover potatoes from yesterday.

Edited to add: bread. A while since I last made any. Need to have a look at my sourdough starter to make sure it's still good for starting.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 09-09-2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Omelette (leftover salmon from yesterday and cheese), potato scallops, ratatouille and sweetcorn.
                Probably grapes and cheese later.

Comment

• Lunch: pea soup and toast, yogurt with figs.
                  Supper: last two pieces of confit de canard and more red cabbage, maybe mash?

Also: more bread. Mr Snoop wants to give some to a friend of his.

Comment

• Just got back from market with a large back of ultra fresh mussels so they are for supper with fresh figs for pud.
                    Going to start with freshly roasted ham and our OWN , very first, pineapple tomato !

I like the idea of the crème sans caramel Snoop!

Comment

• Thursday was prawn, potato and courgette curry with naan bread.

Last night was pimientos de Pàdron and sweetcorn.
                      Shepherds pie (obviously with yet more courgette as well as most other veg known to man thrown in) and warm roast beetroot.

Not decided on tonight yet but it will probably contain courgette!

Comment

• It ended up being pizza last night, as I needed to feed three, not two.

Lunch: walnut bread with pea soup (bonkers idea, as it's sweltering again today) and cheese.
                        Supper: the confit de canard plus assorted veg and butter beans.

The walnut loaf. Delicious.

Comment

• I have now decided. Tonight will be pork escalope with sage sauce, baked apple slices with cinnamon, mixed roast vegetables with couscous, sweetcorn and some of the beetroot I roasted yesterday.
                          Fruit crumble and custard.
                          Thank goodness for the food processor. Breadcrumbs in seconds and crumble topping about the same.

Comment

• Lunch: tomato salad with tuna and olives.
                            Supper: roast pork from the freezer and assorted veg, frozen yogurt flavoured with figs and maple syrup.

Comment

• Goodness, looks like no-one else is eating.

Lunch: sandwich and another frozen fig-flavoured yogurt.
                              Supper: fish and salad, probably lemon rice.

Comment

• Tonight was:
                                Sweetcorn.
                                Prawn and vegetable curry with naan.
                                It would have been apple and raspberry crumble with custard for pudding but we were too full.

Just going to get a couple of chicken legs out of the freezer for tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X