Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight smoked mackeral, homemade Waldorf salad, tomato pesto and mozzarella bake, jacket potato and maybe a few courgette fritters .

Comment

• Baked ham, potatoes, brocolli and carrots.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Baked tomatoes topped with cheese, flat tomatoes topped with scrambled egg and lardons on a bread roll . Followed by bakewell pud and yogurt.

Snoop - konjac noodles are tasteless and rubbery so you need to make a delish sauce to go with them.
        Very filling so perfect for a diet once a week . OH had pasta with his sauce so had 300 calories more than me !
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• None of yesterday happened. Not a single thing. Mr Snoop came back very late from shopping so we had a bowl of pasta (the real thing, I'm afraid, Nicos) and that was that for the day pretty much. Too full for anything more than a slice of toast in the evening for supper. Pork burgers still in the freezer, fortunately.

Lunch: chicken gyros and salad.
          Supper: lentil soup

No extras as it's too cloudy today for the food mixer to go on and I won't light the range just for crackers.

Bramble, wish I'd been at your house yesterday. Haven't had baked ham in donkey's years and I love it.
          Living in north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep.

Comment

• Tonight smoked cod baked in milk for my husband, lamb steak for me, potato dauphinoise, carrots and peas.
            Pears poached in wine for pudding.

Comment

• Bean casserole served with feta and spinach quiche and a large dish of tomato salad.

Comment

• Tonight nibbles of pimientos de PÓdron, mixed olives, baby tomatoes, cucumber batons and feta.

Vegetable and prawn curry with naan bread.

My one and only melon sprinkled with dried ginger.

Comment

• Slow roast beef and a selection of veg from the garden. Sooo tempted to make a Yorkshire pudding!

Baked apples for pud.

Comment

• Lunch was a small lentil stew out of a can, I'm mortified to say. Mr Snoop went out and came back too hungry to wait for some real food. But I guess it's for occasions like this that we buy canned beans so...

Supper: Welsh rarebit with salad.

Toast bread in Jeffrey Hamelman's book Bread. Made it yesterday. Going for a re-run just to see if yesterday's loaf was beginner's luck. Still some left, honest, but not enough for tomorrow.
                    Living in north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Slow roast beef and a selection of veg from the garden. Sooo tempted to make a Yorkshire pudding!

Baked apples for pud.
                      How can you not have a Yorkshire pudding with that meal. I want one now but it doesn't go with curry!!!

Comment

• Marsala cake for coffee, probably lazy frozen pizza tonight.
                        ​​​​Something with aubergines, tomatoes and maybe lentils tomorrow (recipe tbc).

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

How can you not have a Yorkshire pudding with that meal. I want one now but it doesn't go with curry!!!
                          Says who????

https://barrylewis.net/recipe/curry-...shire-pudding/

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Yorkshire pudding filled with curry, poppadum on the side, heaven on a plate!
                            Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

• Edited because I meant to start with: Yorkshire pud with curry, I don't see why not. After all, it's just a kind of baked puri. That would be my excuse!

In the end, supper yesterday was a bacon and egg sandwich, just bacon for me. Toast bread was a success second time around, so that's good news. One problem with bread that does actually rise is that it gets a bit close to the top of the oven (it's only 24 cm high).

Very late lunch (4 pm): salmon, salad and julienne potato cake, dried apricot and walnut cookies for afters.

More of the moreish crackers.

Last edited by Snoop Puss; 27-09-2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• More roast beef with garden veggies..one being the first of our runner beans!
                                Very late I know but they were soooo sweet!

Enough beef left for tomorrow night too...yum!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X