Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night was baked ham, proper deep fried homemade chips, peas and tomato, pesto and mozzarella bake. I thought I might have room for a chip butty but I didn't.

Comment

• ^Try a custard, Nicos. Next to no effort, bain marie or pressure cooker, and doubtless you've got about a billion eggs to find a use for.

Comment

• Last night was more of the baked ham, jacket potato, ratatouille and homemade coleslaw.

Comment

• As per, things went a bit awry yesterday: fish and salad instead of quiche. The bread took a long time to rise so the oven went on much later than expected.

Lunch: lentil soup
          Supper: quiche and salad

Shamefully, I will have to own up that more bread is required. Yesterday's was a smallish loaf, honest, and there is some left. But it is so good that we had some with a cup of tea last night and more for breakfast... I don't see it lasting long at all.

Comment

• Nobody else cooking?

Just me for lunch: so open potato omelette and a bit of salad.
            Supper: courgette and blue cheese soup, couple of mini rondos for pud.

Prune and toasted hazelnut bread and some rolls to go with the soup, plus the mini rondos.

Comment

• Yesterday was going to be barbecue ribs, couscous and roast vegetables (including chunks of the first uchiki kuri) but my husband talked me into making prawn and vegetable curry with naan bread instead.
              So tonight will be the ribs, couscous and roast vegetables followed by poached pears.
              I am looking forward to to trying the uchiki kuri as although I have grown and eaten lots of different squashes I've never tried this variety before.
              I have just changed my mind pudding will now be pear and ginger crumble.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 30-09-2020, 03:03 PM. Reason: Change of mind.

Comment

• ^Yum. I love fish pie.

Didn't make the rondos but will maybe make the mini Spanish madeleines today. Neighbours came round and while here offered to help move the range back into the kitchen. Apparently they've got some fancy lifting trolley that should make it easier... Cakes is the least I can offer by way of thanks.

Lunch: pork burgers and salad (didn't happen yesterday, Mr Snoop fancied spaghetti)
                Supper: Minestrone soup and rolls.

Comment

• I have taken some pasta bake base out of the freezer so later I'll make bechamel sauce and top with mozzarella. We'll have it with garlic bread and salad. There's some pear and ginger crumble leftover for pudding.

Comment

• Chicken and Veg soup using, carrots, onions, garlic, leeks, celery, bay, and rosemary. Only the Celery was bought.

Technically it was last night but it still counts right...?
                    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

• I've already decided the slow cooker is coming out of retirement tomorrow and we'll be havng beef stew (full of allotment vegetables) and Yorkshire pudding.

Comment

• Spaghetti with courgette, mushroom and tuna sauce. Hope it's nicer than it sounds!

Comment

• Chilli con carne, my own chilli peppers and rice.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• We had beef stew and Yorkshire pudding yesterday and I made a tiny Victoria sponge to finish filled with my strawberry jam.
                            Today will be more of the stew with dumplings, mashed potato, roast squash and cabbage. Last chunk of Victoria sponge.

Comment

• Very late pre-Mr-Snoop's-birthday lunch today: salmon, lemon rice and salad, frozen yogurt with blueberries for pud. Guest arriving in 25 mins, haven't even started yet...

Will try for some bread and biscuits a bit later. Maybe.

Comment

• Emergency pumpkin pie is in the oven, after I discovered today that my precious single pumpkin Iran was starting to rot.

New potatoes and creamed leeks for dinner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X