Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After several changes of mind tonight was ribs with barbecue sauce, garlic bread, tomato and mozzarella salad and grape, celery, walnut and cheese salad.

Comment

• Minced steak with peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic. All done in a sauce mixture with rice.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Left over BBQ last night
        Not quite sure about tonight - probably a curry or stew
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Made Spanish-style madeleines yesterday as well. Have at last got the sourdough crackers right. Recipe says bake 20 to 25 mins. Seven seems about right in my wood-burning range. Have burnt quite a few on the way to this discovery, but sorted now. They're very moreish.

Lunch: just me so probably an omelette. Am resisting the urge to have the same as breakfast (slice of cinnamon and raisin loaf).

Supper: 'roast' pork (done in the pressure cooker) and veg.

Comment

• Went to the fishman this morning so Smoked mackerel, potato scallops in beer batter, Padron peppers, sweetcorn and Waldorf salad.
            Still lots of windfall Bramleys so probably apple pie or crumble. In fact I'll go make some pastry now.

Comment

• Much too hot for pork last night and it's another very hot night forecast for tonight too. So will save it for Saturday, when temperatures start to drop.

Lunch: cheese and ham sandwiches
              Supper: Cod and salad

Also, going to start off a King Arthur's flour baguette recipe for baking tomorrow morning (wish me luck - my baguettes haven't been a great success so far) and a Dan Lepard bread recipe for baking tomorrow night (keep wanting to call him Def).

Edited because all changed. Except for the bread. That's still on the go.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 27-08-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Both my husband and myself were suffering with acid reflux last night. ( I wonder what on earth caused it? Sweetcorn with lots of butter? Oily fish? Fried potato scallops in batter? Rich pastry? Cream?)
                Regardless of the cause tonight will be sensible food. Fish pie topped with mashed potato with carrots and peas or beans.

Comment

• Last night we were both too tired to cook and forgot to defrost anything so it was pasta with a tin of pink salmon, sweet corn and peas in a creamy sauce with sumac and lots of white pepper.
                  Stupidly simple and really tasty.

Freshly picked plums for pud.

Comment

• For lunch, crushed potatoes with chard and courgette.
                    For dinner, cheese & tomato toastie.

Comment

• Lunch: salad, I think. Too hot for anything else.
                      Supper: spaghetti with a tomato, courgette and tuna sauce.

Dan Lepard loaves doing their final rise as I write. So they'll go in the oven shortly. To be followed by more crackers.

Comment

• Yesterday OH made a massive moussaka 1/3 eaten last night..1/3 tonight and 1/3 already in the freezer.
                        Eaten with a side salad of our own lettuce, own cucumber and own beetroot.
                        Fresh plums straight from the tree for pud.

We have a cooked globe artichoke needing eating so we'll start with that.

Comment

• Tonight is going to be vegetable and prawn curry and naan bread. I have also batch baked a load of pasta bake. Some for the freezer, some to give away, one in the fridge probably for tomorrow.

Comment

• Lunch: hummus and crackers.
                            Supper: the pork, at long last, with a great heap of veg.

Comment

• Roasted chicken legs and caramelised onions. Roasted cauliflower with sesame seeds and dry fried courgette.
                              Pud will be tart tartin but made with our own plums instead of apples.

Comment

• Pasta bake with garlic bread and salad.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X