Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last nights open sandwiches changed slightly. Fried sliced sourdough in oil seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and oregano then spread them generously with Borlotti hummus and topped with lettuce, land cress, cubes of soft goats cheese, chopped sun dried toms and lightly toasted walnuts.

Might do something with fish today.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Change of plan for me too!
      That's tomorrow nights food.
      Today will be tumble salad with pilchards
      Followed by an orange
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oven roast ham , new pots with mint , salad
        Northern England.

Comment

• Piri piri Turkey breast, roast potatoes, peppers and onions.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• This evening black pudding, egg & my very 1st asparagus spear (just the one)
            Was supposed to be just a starter but I don’t want anything else.

Click image for larger version

Name:	540F0985-FB65-4D05-BB68-AEEA4494DB75.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	2386758

Comment

• ^You practising for Masterchef, SP? That looks yummy.

Yesterday was a bit of a baking day as very fidgety. Made three loaves and the best almond, lemon and polenta cake yet. Could be the last one for a while as it was very nearly the last of the ground almonds. Supper was pasta in a courgette and creme fraiche sauce.

Today: definitely soup for lunch. It's too cold for anything else.
              Supper: stewed lentils (brown lentils with assorted diced veg and, in today's case, a bit of chorizo stirred in for flavour).

Comment

• I love almond snoop
                Northern England.

Comment

• Something with jacket potatoes this evening. probably chilli from my freezer.

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                  This evening black pudding, egg & my very 1st asparagus spear (just the one)
                  Was supposed to be just a starter but I don’t want anything else.
                  Congrats on your first spear SP it does looks very pretty, its nearly a shame to eat it.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    ^You practising for Masterchef, SP? That looks yummy.

Yesterday was a bit of a baking day as very fidgety. Made three loaves and the best almond, lemon and polenta cake yet. Could be the last one for a while as it was very nearly the last of the ground almonds. Supper was pasta in a courgette and creme fraiche sauce.

Today: definitely soup for lunch. It's too cold for anything else.
                    Supper: stewed lentils (brown lentils with assorted diced veg and, in today's case, a bit of chorizo stirred in for flavour).
                    You can grind your own almonds if you are desperate and have whole ones. I did once. I blanched them to pop the skins off and the put them in the mini zapper. They were slightly rougher than shop bought ones but did the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                      You can grind your own almonds if you are desperate and have whole ones. I did once. I blanched them to pop the skins off and the put them in the mini zapper. They were slightly rougher than shop bought ones but did the job.
                      Yes, I might do that. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

• All im thinking about is bloody almond cakes now.

Need to use up some roast ham so possibly a ham n cheese omlette tonight . Some leftover new pots could be potato salad.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Yesterday was my birthday so I treated us to fillet steak with pepper sauce, garlic bread and homemade Waldorf salad.

Today I am making pasta bake with a bolognese type sauce and bechamel sauce over the top with lots of parmesan. I can already smell the mince/tomato/garlic etc cooking.

Comment

• Many Happies for yesterday Greenishfing and congratulations on your first spear SP (nothing showing on ours yet).

Last night had wild salmon in oyster sauce, stir-fried veg, kale as crispy fried seaweed and rice.

Veg curry tonight with flatbread wraps and salad.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Salmon fillets, peas, carrots, corn and roast potatoes.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Chilli & rice followed by ice cream

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse