X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £30 a year flat rate for everyone

Comment

• Mine is £60 for a half plot of 125sqm, if I'd gone for a full plot it would have been £120. Seems fairly expensive compared to the prices a lot of you are paying. This is Hertfordshire and a friend in Bedfordshire is only paying £5 a year but their plot is owned by the Parish council.

I'm not on my plot yet to know what facilities there are, so I'm not sure about water but I have a nasty feeling it doesn't have a supply.

Comment

• Mine is £17.73 for 87.5 square metres. There is a composting toilet and a water supply. We have electronic gates to get in (£10 for fob deposit when you first start) and it includes your membership. The membership entitles you to use the little horticultural society shop which sells reduced price seeds and bits xx

Comment

• Our half plot (more like 3/4 in size) cost £37 which includes the rent, fees water etc. Spent a lot more in compost this being our first year though

Comment

• Mines £10 per yea for a 3rd of a plot roughly 10m x 7m with water in a trough and an area for compost that a farmer keeps topped up. A £50 deposit to get start. Its a pretty good deal I reckon. This is a parish council run site in Nottinghamshire.
            Last edited by BimblingBob; 12-06-2016, 11:58 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

• My allotment costs £30 a year and is 1600 square meters. It's enormous!!!

Comment

• £34 pa for rent (our plot measures approx 174 sq metres)
                £15.30 pa for water
                and £10 refundable deposit for a key, which i barely use as gates are more often than not open.
                Be Vegan

Comment

• £30 per year for a half plot. Water taps available April-October. Gates are locked by a code, hence no key. Next year they plan to change over to measurement by metres as the plots are not truly equal sized. So I might get a reduction as mine is on the small side compared to some, but might not if there's a price rise.

Comment

• £10 a year half plot. I think full plots are £25, which seems odd. But maybe they are £20. Definitely not over £25!

Includes water, nothing else. But secured locked gate site. No other fees other than a £10 refundable key deposit. Not sure about discounts.

This is in Kent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Somerset View Post
                      My allotment costs £30 a year and is 1600 square meters. It's enormous!!!
                      Blimey O Riley !
                      sigpic
                      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Mine cost £50 a year for a full plot.
                        Carrie

Comment

• Mine is £52 plus £20 water rates for a full plot and for that we get, nothing. The fences are falling down, break ins happen all of the time and there is no discounts for anybody. We have no shop, no toilet, no woodchips or anything else.

Comment

• Hi all.
                            (Sorry for not posting for a long time.)

I already have a 2 rod plot (raised bed and a bit of ground) and pay just over £6 as I'm over 60.

My next door neighbour and I will be taking over a 10 rod and this will cost us £87 per year for the whole, plus they want a £55 deposit! I thought, that's a bit steep. And some people never had to pay that, so must be something new.

My question is, do councils normally charge full rent if taken out half way through the year, or should it be pro rata? I never thought to ask the officer when she showed us the other day. They sent out invoices FROM and dated from, 1st April. We all received them late this year.

Forgot to say...thanks!
                            Last edited by Jarz; 14-08-2016, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Forgot to add, we are a mid amenity site, which means that we have a full flushing toilet on site, and water tanks dotted here and there. No extra charge for any of that.

There are two gates. One has a combination padlock (small gate), and the one for vehicular access needs a key, and they now charge £25 deposit for that.

There is a small trading shed, run by a voluntary team and the Association Committee. I have been a committee member for a number of years and have returned to the role as Treasurer. Whether I will continue after this year's AGM is to be considered. The Council don't get involved in the trading shed (run from February to October, from 11-3 Saturday and Sunday), and we sell lots of stuff, including potatoes and onion sets, garlic, fertilisers (powder and liquid), canes, slug pellets. So much more. And we have a fridge and kettle and also sell cold drinks. Tea and coffee is now funded by donations.

Comment

• Going back through old posts...realise I've double posted. Sorry.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X