Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've read a few things about rent being sky high so when I went up to pay mine I had a shock!

I took £30 with me as I had it in my wallet.....£30.89 to be precise and I took my cheque book yep I still have one and the bank still sends them.

So that being that a plot with a tap/water supply harvested from the mountains of course and the £10 per year membership I had to pay the grand total was.....

Wait for it

£17.80 haha I was amazed and even bought some compost from the site shed

And I thought I would quickly add that the committee have all been talking about the turn around of my plot there more than impressed at the work we have done and how it looks just 6 months after taking it on and with it being done throughout the winter.

All in all I left the plot on a massive high
    Last edited by darcyvuqua; 07-04-2013, 10:12 PM. Reason: added info
    In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

• Had my invoice for this year's rent on Saturday - £61.34. I have a full size plot with good fence security and access to water ... if I borrow a couple of really long hosepipes .. to top up the 1000l butt I have next to my shed. It would be lovely if I actually had to use that facility this year.

Comment

• £25 per plot including water, private site in Sheffield

Comment

• £40.89 in total, £27.88 rent, £6.89 for water, £1.12 insurance and £5.00 site association fee for an approx 12m x 15m plot.

Comment

• I'm in Hastings, East Sussex. £34.79 for a 7 rod plot, including £6.79 for water. We have fencing, but no loos, shop or deliveries of anything.
            Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes

Comment

• I pay £20 a year for a 'half plot' (roughly 300sq foot), with water, top soil and compost included as well as a communal lock up, communal 'tunnel' and orchard and pond/marsh area.

Comment

• Hello and welcome to the vine Nij
                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
                If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

• Hi

Ours is £35.00 per year. £30.00 for full 10 pole plot and £5.00 for membership to national something or other (couldn't hear properly lol). He did ask if we were both working so i'm guessing that there are discounts if you are not.

this includes water and a large disposal area. all they ask is you keep the plot in good order - which seems fair to me

Comment

• We're in Blackpool and have our own Federation, I have a full plot which the cost this year was £62 this included £11 for water & £5 for insurance we also get a 10% disount card from a local Garden Center.

Check out our website for more info
                    Details below

John
                    Cheers .... John

Web link to our Allotment website http://lawsonsallotment.btck.co.uk/

PS my plot is 9 shown on the Plot Holders Pictures

Comment

• this is my first year and I paid £160 for 8 rods (Greenwich borough), water included. It is £20 per rod for council residents.

Comment

• Hastings too. 28 quid including water for a 6 rod plot. No extras

Comment

• South Oxford £12 flat rate. No facilities, just water which is included. It was only £6 till the water rates went up because there was a leak! No committee, no paperwork, just an allotment!

Comment

• Originally posted by susieq100 View Post
                            Had my invoice for this year's rent on Saturday - £61.34. I have a full size plot with good fence security and access to water ... if I borrow a couple of really long hosepipes .. to top up the 1000l butt I have next to my shed. It would be lovely if I actually had to use that facility this year.
                            Put some guttering & a down pipe on your shed(won't cost much)and run the rain water off your shed roof into your 1,000 litre rain but.
                            You will be surprised how quickly it will fill up.
                            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

• Wow!

I think we're being had here!

I've got half a plot (about 9m x 16m) and at £0.32 per m2 that's £46.08.

That includes water charge at £0.10 per m2.

There is a concessionary rate but that's only £0.04 per m2 cheaper.

No communal storage, no loos or any other facilities.
                              http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

• £70 per year for 250 m square plot on private farm in staffs. Owner gave me this year free because the plot needed a lot of work. Water and loos provided and plot is in a lovely location on the top of a hill with fab sunsets!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X