This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon, we didn’t have much snow after all it soon turned to sleet
    Isn’t it surprising what you find in the freezer mine seems to have a lot of soup and mushy peas. Plus a fair bit of fruit it’s a long time till summer do it will all get used.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Not been here for a couple of days due to "life", the sort that gets in the way!!!! I've read about all of you digging into the depths of your freezers and the thought gives me palpitations. What might be in there??? I dread to think. I'm seriously contemplating mining into the depths of a couple of them but I worry about what I might find lurking. Lockdown has emptied a small amount but I've got 3 chest freezers and a fridge/freezer all pretty much chock a block with.......???????.

Comment

• Gf...I too have 3 large chest freezers and 3 fridge freezers full of ‘stuff’
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Only one freezer here, and not a massive one at that. Plus the tiddly freezer over the fridge. Plenty enough to give me frostbite near enough. Good luck, guys...

Comment

• ^^^Pah... one?...only one??

Comment

• Just realised one of the things my freezers are full of is blackberries. My husband just cannot walk past a bush without wanting to pick them. I did make a good few jars of blackberry (bramble) jelly but there are lots of bags in the freezer too. The jars of jelly are starting to go now as I keep putting it in the middle of Victoria sponges so maybe I'll make some more with the blackberries in the freezer one day when I am bored. I did make yet four more jars of my husband's favourite, Lemon curd, yesterday. No sun here yet today but I think there is hope.

Comment

• Morning, don't need a freezer up here just now, just leave stuff in the greenhouse lol, minus 6 last night. We do have a tall freezer, don't really like eating frozen stuff, there's fish and meat and ice cream in there and that's about it, we freeze excess tomatoes for soups etc, everything else we try to eat fresh in season.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                  I love lemon curd particularly when it's only made with egg yolks!
                  Have you thought of making Bramble curd gf?
                  https://bigsislittledish.com/2015/08...ackberry-curd/
                  or lemon and blackberry curd?
                  https://www.driscolls.com/article/le...ry-curd-recipe

I keep intending to try making it with gooseberries for a change...

Today we'll be doing more insulating of the camper. Some of it might end up wrapped around me aswell if it doesn't warm up soon!!!!

Have a great day peeps- lots of getting up to no good if ya can eh?

Comment

• Good Morning All Very thick frost, but sunny. Pan's on. Have a lovely Sunday
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I didn't mean to wink at you so much!
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I have one freezer for fruit and homemade puds and ice cream/sorbets
                        Another for meats and fish ( we used to bring over loads of our daughters beef, so that's going to end up being run down to very little.
                        The other is for butter and cheeses and ready meals I've made and loads of our veggies to last us through the winter along with those in preserving jars.

I try to plan ahead with moving foods out of those in the cellar ( have to go outside to get there- no fun in the dark and rain)to the kitchens so it's more handy.

They have been utterly wonderful during lockdown, but now I can't import dairy and meat anymore then I may cope without one of them.

Comment

• Morning all.

More of the same, just as the snow goes away I keep getting up to another covering. Ah well that's me housebound again for today.

I was hoping to get to the plot for a bit but that's out of the question. I will just have to a rifle through my seeds and see what I can sow!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I haven't tried blackberry curd but I did try cherry curd. Although my husband likes cherry jam he wasn't overly thrilled with the curd and gave it away. His favourite thing is lemon curd on toast in a morning. If he can't have that he settles for my marmalade.

I bet you don't end up with an empty freezer next Winter, Nicos. Something will come along to fill it up.

Comment

• I’ll probably make more ready meals.
                              I like to batch cook and get something out at the end of an exhausting day . We have no takeaways near us, so it actually feels like quite a treat!
                              It’s a pain working out calories constantly when you can’t have more than 500 for the evening. so , to help with the diet it’d be a nice break just to take out a ready meal and get stuck in!

Comment

• Morning
                                I've not tried Blackberry curd either I did make Jelly once but I didn't like the texture so now I sieve out the seeds when making jam and that works fine for me.
                                Looks like no snow or rain for us today

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X