X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning all
    We had sleet and hail yesterday too, cold day.
    Janie eeek with your glasses. Pleased you have some others.

Cold this morning but no frost, a dry day forecast so I shall be outside.
    Unfortunately the dogs don't follow the clock change, mainly the older one whose belly revolves around feeding time so I will no doubt be up at the same time
    Enjoy your day .

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Good morning one and all.
    Clocks forward tonight, I love the lighter nights but I also love lighter mornings too (win-win). Come to think of it I love battening down the hatches and hunkering down in winter as well so perhaps I'll just pipe down

Happy Saturdays, enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    *Looks at clock.....
    Its almost full moon time again isn’t it?

Clocks go forwards this time tomorrow...don’t forget!

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    We had to nip out in the car earlier, 3 degrees, rain and sun, then sleet and hail, really not very Spring like lol.

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Sorry, haven’t been here for ages. I’m somewhat, as in put off by not having found a way of going to the first unread in any thread. So, hello . I was expecting mist this morning according to the weather forecast but it was fairly torrential rain. So indoor pursuits instead.

Went shopping this afternoon, for food. When I got to the shop I thought I’d put my glasses in my pocket but they weren’t there so assumed I’d left them on the coffee table. When I got home I found them in the road and had been run over. Had to happen on a Friday night. Fortunately I do have other specs.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Evening, the rain stopped just as we were heading out for our weekly community Covid test was still fine so it turned it into a afternoon walk.

No gardening today though.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Afternoon n’alln’all
    Had to nip out early this morning...more DIY stuff....then ended up doing a food shop and actually found( accidentally - honest!) some wool for our granddaughter. It’s pretty expensive here but this was in a bargain box, so I was really chuffed.
    I did manage to keep on walking past the seed packets...I do love to have a good peer at them( like a kid in a sweet shop!)...but I’ve more seeds than I can shake a dibble at

Snadge...I’m still keeping to the diet but it’s amazingly brutal. Plus the weight hasn’t dropped off at the same rate this week even though I’ve been careful. Weigh in is Monday.

We’ve had tremendous rain here today - what a contrast to the previous 2 days.
    I got a text from my daughter in Cumbria earlier and she said it was hailstoning!

Right enough gabbing ​​​​​​...I ‘ve got food needing eating!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• NannyGreen
    replied
    Braver than me then mothhawk it's still hurling it down here and I'm afraid the birds have had to make do with yesterday's leftovers. I'm not going out in that
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Raining.png
Views:	79
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	2520935

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by NannyGreen View Post
    And are you brave enough to go get it mothhawk ????
    By midday the wind and rain had stopped, so I nipped out and replaced it, weighted down with a broken clay pot.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good afternoon all.
    A sunny but extremely windy day.
    Got my first Pfizer vaccine this morning.
    On the way home saw a street shop selling strawberry plants.
    Stopped off and got a tray of plants and three large bags of potting compost.
    Well pleased with how my morning has worked out
    Have a good afternoon all,.

Leave a comment:

• NannyGreen
    replied
    And are you brave enough to go get it mothhawk ????

Last edited by NannyGreen; 26-03-2021, 12:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Made it to the grocery collection without getting wet, but it's tipping down now and a driving wind, one of the plastic cloches has just blown the length of the garden.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Morning, not very nice out there today, no outdoor activities planned, wet and cold, might have to light the fire if it doesn't brighten up, at least they are no longer forecasting the snow, take care all.

Leave a comment:

• NannyGreen
    replied
    Oh dear, are we all stuck indoors staring at those jobs we have been avoiding while the sun was out

No shredding for me today, again, a very black sky, my vacuum cleaner looming and I dare not sow any more seeds

Time to start making the family Easter eggs and chocolates I think, covering my eyes as I open the cupboard door so I don't see the vacuum cleaner while I retrieve the moulds. Good decision, feeling better already

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Bright sunshine earlier, now spitting with rain and windy. Not sure what I'm doing today but certainly nothing exciting.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X