X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Afternoon n’alln’all

Had a really busy morning and then spent the afternoon in the sun weeding.
    24C ...and it’s still 22C with no breeze. A wonderful taste of Summer....
    Hotter tomorrow apparently!
    OH is attempting the first lawn cut of the year on the highest setting. Smells wonderful!

Weigh in this morning revealed an 8 1/2 lb loss over two weeks. Nothing like Snadgers utterly amazing achievement! Well done that man....much respect from me mate!

Bramble - that really is a lovely idea -I’m sure he’ll be really touched by your kindness x

Anyone fancy a brew?...I’m parched ! What I would love though instead is a yummy choc ice!

(I’m going to carry on with my diet until Friday then relax off a lot over Easter weekend....someone’s got to volunteer to eat the choccie eggs!)
    Last edited by Nicos; 29-03-2021, 03:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Afternoon all. Lovely sunny day today, 18°C but very blustery, too much to even contemplate building a new compost pile. Maybe tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Hello All,

Absolutely glorious day today. actually really warm which is nice.

need to wash the car after work tonight so not much going to be happening in the garden... although there is so much to be getting on with!

Happy Monday

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Didn’t manage a snooze, slept from around 4.30 and was woken by the bin men at 6.20am!!! Tossed and turned and now feel blooming awful.
    Enjoy the fishing Snadge, maybe the fresh air will help although I went for a long walk yesterday, in the pouring rain I may add, and that did me no good at all.
    Enjoy your day everyone...sorry for the moan! x

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.wild and windy but the sun is shining.
    One of our neighbours is 80 today so myself and a few others are ofv out to sing happy birthday on his doorstep and deliver some gifts.
    We also have a guitar player with us so it should be fun.
    Gardening in the afternoon.
    Have a good day all

Leave a comment:

• NannyGreen
    replied
    Dull and overcast here, the weather forecast always seems to say brighter and warmer tomorrow - but then we know tomorrow never comes

Sympathy for all insomniacs, that can't be helpful, hoping you all manage to catch up somehow.

The talk of cake for breakfast sent me back 50 years to a holiday in N Africa. Breakfast was a gorgeous cube of plain sponge and a glass of fresh lemonade, refreshing and revitalising and a wonderful way to start the day. Weird how I seem to remember breakfasts more than any other meal, some good ( a lovely pancake parcel filled with goats cheese in Syria) and some not so much (haggis in Scotland, although they made the best cup of tea) even weirder as I rarely eat breakfast at home, go figure.

Anyway off to finish the first batch of Easter Eggs and try not to sow any more seeds until tomorrow arrives

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Morning, wild and windy, but enough about me, the weather looks set fair too, though too windy for fly fishing, it is a bit warmer, but with snow forecast again later in the week, the gardening is of the indoor variety, chillies to go into final pots and tommies need taking out of their cells and potting on, so busy week.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I'm another non-sleeper. I shut the curtains tightly as I could see the moon was more or less full but I could not drop off to sleep. I tossed and turned, eventually got up and had a glass of milk, tossed and turned some more and I think dropped off around 4.30am listening to a story on radio 4 extra. Wide awake again before 8am but feeling really tired now. The fridge is nigh on bare so I must visit a supermarket and also a window visit booked at a care home for an in-law. I'll take her the Easter egg and then it will stop tempting me. A nice day forecast here but at the moment it's dull and overcast. If I can stay awake maybe a couple of hours at the allotment this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning its sunny, dry but very windy here. GH overnight low was a tropical 9.7c that's the warmest yet this year. If I'd have known i'd have left my toms there.

Some gardening today then of for a walk. enjoy your fishing Snadger.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Not had chance to read back but wanted to say hi.

gotta dash....see ya later peeps!

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Hahaha the problem with my OHs extras is he misses the rest of the list
    I'm not much of a cake eater let alone breakfast.
    Going to brave the weather for walking.. eek

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Cake for breakfast is a thing in Spain, honest. In fact, for breakfast more than at any other time of day except celebrations. Breakfast cakes tend to be plain. This one is a lemon flavoured 'yogurt pot' cake (pot used as the measure for all the other ingredients).

There's a lot of wordy blurb before you get to the recipe, but I use this one, always a hit. You'd never know it didn't have loads of butter in it. https://racheleats.wordpress.com/201...ing-and-a-pot/

Mr Snoop usually follows the list unless he forgets or loses it. He's been doing most of the shopping for us for years now. What he doesn't like is putting it all away. An arrangement that suits me fine. He's got two lists today, one just for fruit and veg, as he might need to go to two shops for those. And another list for everything else including compost. As for the extras, they're 'executive decisions'. As the shopper, he's allowed to make those.

Edited to say: I use sunflower oil in the cake, not olive oil. Not just because it's cheaper but also because cakes rise better.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 29-03-2021, 07:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
    Cake for breakfast Snoop? Don’t tell Nicos or that diet is going by the wayside!
    Morning all, a wet and wild night. Couldn’t sleep but it had nothing to do with the weather, just wide awake most of the night.
    Going to try having a snooze, catch you later for that cake. x
    It must be summat in the air as I was the same last night. I was watching the clouds going past the, what looked like a full moon at 3.00am. Cream crackered now.
    Off fishing later hopefully, that's if I can stay awake.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning all, gusty damp weather here. Not nice at all.

Breakfast cake in bed enjoy
    Brave Mr S , will he follow a list though or come back with extras like mine does

Hope you feel refreshed after your snooze Jay and are doing ok?

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Cake for breakfast Snoop? Don’t tell Nicos or that diet is going by the wayside!
    Morning all, a wet and wild night. Couldn’t sleep but it had nothing to do with the weather, just wide awake most of the night.
    Going to try having a snooze, catch you later for that cake. x

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X