X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatback #17

Good morning all.
    It's another dry and misty morning
    Today is our wedding anniversary, 54 years..Hubby is preparing a champagne breakfast.
    We will have some friends and family members coming for drinks or dinner this evening.
    Hope to get back to a more normal day tomorrow.

Note # chatback 16 to be found here:
    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...-16-a-152.html
    Last edited by Scarlet; 26-12-2018, 03:41 PM.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

^Congratulations to you and your husband, Bramble. Hope you have a lovely day.

All good here. Mr Snoop about to wash up, but there's not much as we had a low effort day yesterday and I tried to keep on top of it as I went along. There'll be a lot more tomorrow...

Have a nice day everyone.

Comment

Morning All

A bit damp and dank out there this morning, but as I not venturing anywhere today it can do what it wants!

Home alone today which is very peaceful and nice at times as I neither get in anybody else's way and nobody neither mine!

Will be having a very relaxing day going through my seed stash, making lists and placing a few orders and my onions will be sown at some point

Sat in my newly awarded PJ's Santa brought yesterday and on the brand new settee we bought a good few months back as most of the time I am geared up in my work togs and dear not for fear of getting it dirty

So wishing all a very relaxing, pleasant and peaceful "Boxing Day" what ever you get upto.

Have fun!
      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Afternoon all. Mild and dry with us 8°c out. Back to reality today. well almost. leftover turkey

Comment

Just had phone call from roofing contractor wanting to point the chimney stack tomorrow.
          He must be skint after Christmas

I've only waited for 2 months so didn't want to knock him back.

The beef instead of turkey was a good idea for Christmas dinner. A least there/s no half devoured splay legged turkey lying on the kitchen bench this year.

Just had beef and chips to finish it off and it was tasty to the last!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Good afternoon all,congratulatins MR & Mrs bramble,another day of total chill out,however,dinner is now underway,roast root veg on a bed of onion,sprouts and home grown carrots,with diced chicken in ginger and soya sauce,i will enjoy this,have a good evening all,and Bgood2yrselves.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. bramble, 54 years with the same woman, the man deserves a medal
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Happy anniversary to both Bramble and MrB
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Good evening it had actually been a dry day today with 11c showing n the car, had an other long lie this morning wasn't up till 8·15 and once I had made the breakfast I decided to give the bird feeders a wash, after that I went over the fields to collect some soil from mole hills I will sterilize this then mix it with some compost for sowing seeds, I hope everyone had a good day yesterday and is now having a lazy day today I know I did and I am
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Congratulations Bramble! We enjoyed yesterday out for the meal - starter and dessert were brilliant, but bits missing from the main - anyway no mess for any of us and very relaxed. MIL went home today, so I get a bit of peace now. Merry Christmas All
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Thank you all for the kind wishes.
                      Yes Rary, he probably does deserve a medal, but we all have to serve our time one way or another.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Congratulations Bramble. Hope you both enjoyed your champagne breakfasts.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Big congratulations Bramble, lovely to hear
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

Mornin n'alln'all

Many congrats Bramble!

Not quite sure what today will bring but yesterday late afternoon was rather interesting

We live on a very quite back road which actually makes up a circuit from the local village.
                            As it's stunningly pretty here we have quite a few locals who take the 40-90 minute walk (depending on how fit you are!!)

Yesterday I heard a lot of voices and dogs barking which is most unusual so , being nosy, I went and looked out of the window.
                            Lo and behold (note festive phrase!)... there were about 10 people walking their dogs but the Alsatian (barking frantically) was being head butted by a large horned nanny goat!
                            A young kid was skitting around clearly very frightened.

It appeared that the nanny and kid had decided to walk with the, for the past 15 minutes and nothing the dog walkers could do would persuade them otherwise.

Very bizzarly they complained to us that they had followed them out from a nearby wood and wouldn't go home and they would be a danger on the road!

We had no idea about them so ushered them into our enclosed field/garden/potager to try and sort out where they belonged.(yes..our veggie patches)

OH dashed up to the woods to check out a fishing cabin area we knew about and saw it had been fenced off and a billy goat was tethered inside. The gates were closed so goodness knows how the goats had jumped out, but they clearly belonged there.

So there we were at dusk walking 2goats along the lanes back into the woods.

A very unexpected Boxing Day event or what?!

A happy ending eh?

What was amazing was the power the nanny had, and particularly the force she was head butting the Alsatian. Clearly bravely protecting her baby!

Lets see what today brings!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

So...kettle's on!
                              Croissants today -help yourselves
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X