This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Nicos as a general rule the female is usually the most dangerous
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Good morning still dark but looks like it could be a day of drizzly rain, busy making the porridge just now, don't know what we will do today but hope you all have a good day
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Good Morning All Gloomy start here and a bit nippy. Another lazy day ahead for me. Himself has bought me a KC food mixer that I was going to pay for myself, but it doesn't arrive until next week, shame, I could have played with it. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Morning all, light cloud, but the sun is trying to break through.
          Nicos, what a story. You will remember Boxing Day 2018 I’m sure.
          I didn’t even get dressed yesterday, ate too many biscuits/chocolate and got the worst indigestion of my life. All my own fault.
          My cold is not getting better at all, and we have Christmas Day part two at our son in law to be’s house. His two little children will be there, so it will be loud. Just what I need lol
          We are having beef and I’m not cooking, so there’s a bonus.
          Have a good day everyone
          Nannys make memories

Comment

Mornings!
            Congrats Bramble, well done.
            Nicos, good job you got them sorted before they had a chance to eat everything

Enjoying my peace and quiet before the family hordes arrive again. Most of the food prep was done late yesterday, so only a question of putting the oven on later and putting out the salads.

Have a good'un

Comment

Morning, everyone. That was an encounter and a half, Nicos. Hope you didn't lose too much in the veg patch.

Animals are amazing. One of our cats hates other humans but is otherwise fearless. A couple of weeks back, we had a fighter plane doing manoeuvres overhead. This one was extremely low over the house. I think we were a 'target' established by a reconnaissance plane the previous day. Anyway, after the plane had passed and I'd stopped trembling and worrying about the state of my heart, I went outside to check on the animals. One cat flattened to the ground. Dogs not sure what they were supposed to do and milling about in circles. But the fearless cat was up on the roof, sitting up and looking in the direction the plane had come from. No chance he was going to let it get us!

And what a great gift, FF. Hope it brings you lots of pleasure. Even if you have to wait a bit, it's better late than never!

Been to see the mechanic again with my car this morning Thought it was the previous adjustment that needed a proper repair with a spare part. But no, something else altogether. This car could be on its last wheels...

Right, guess what? On with the work again. But it'll be a relatively slow few days, so that's OK.

Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

Good morning g all
                Grey start to the day but its 9 degs so no complaints.
                No visiting or visitors today so a free chill out day.
                May go out walking later
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon,oh dear Nicos,what an adventure,poor dog hope it was ok,not long up again,i am convinced we are in semi hibernation,dinner was beautiful last night,yay i can still cook,i feel so lazy,must be catching up on the last few weeks,new mattresses are wonderful,we both sleeping better,and i on hand if needed,still waiting for the correct bases,anyway,life goes on,have a good day all & Bgood2yrselves,
                  Last edited by lottie dolly; 27-12-2018, 01:17 PM.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Afternoon all. Would have been on this morning but that was too early . Not that I've been lazy mind. I've been outside working and fed the birds too . I'll be doing a pot of vegetable soup shortly and then roasting a couple of pheasants for supper. Was gifted the birds by a gamekeeper friend who was visiting my auntie at the same time as us. Never cooked them befpre but a recipe downloaded. If I remember, I'll report back .

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Mornin n'alln'all

Many congrats Bramble!

Not quite sure what today will bring but yesterday late afternoon was rather interesting

We live on a very quite back road which actually makes up a circuit from the local village.
                      As it's stunningly pretty here we have quite a few locals who take the 40-90 minute walk (depending on how fit you are!!)

Yesterday I heard a lot of voices and dogs barking which is most unusual so , being nosy, I went and looked out of the window.
                      Lo and behold (note festive phrase!)... there were about 10 people walking their dogs but the Alsatian (barking frantically) was being head butted by a large horned nanny goat!
                      A young kid was skitting around clearly very frightened.

It appeared that the nanny and kid had decided to walk with the, for the past 15 minutes and nothing the dog walkers could do would persuade them otherwise.

Very bizzarly they complained to us that they had followed them out from a nearby wood and wouldn't go home and they would be a danger on the road!

We had no idea about them so ushered them into our enclosed field/garden/potager to try and sort out where they belonged.(yes..our veggie patches)

OH dashed up to the woods to check out a fishing cabin area we knew about and saw it had been fenced off and a billy goat was tethered inside. The gates were closed so goodness knows how the goats had jumped out, but they clearly belonged there.

So there we were at dusk walking 2goats along the lanes back into the woods.

A very unexpected Boxing Day event or what?!

A happy ending eh?

What was amazing was the power the nanny had, and particularly the force she was head butting the Alsatian. Clearly bravely protecting her baby!

Lets see what today brings!
                      What an interesting life you have Nicos.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Chimney all pointed now and it is a good job at a reasonable price. Worth waiting 2 months for methinks.
                        I intend to start building my workbench outside if its fine tomorrow. That should be fun.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Good evening all.
                          As my OH sister iis in hospital we decided to visit her.
                          She lives way over the other side of the city so we knew it would be a long journey.
                          We were about half way there when we got a phone call to say she was being allowed to go home.
                          We decided to do some shopping as we were out and about.
                          I got a lovely jacket and top, both reduced considerably.
                          Well pleased as I wouldn't normally go to the sales.
                          Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                            Afternoon all. Would have been on this morning but that was too early . Not that I've been lazy mind. I've been outside working and fed the birds too . I'll be doing a pot of vegetable soup shortly and then roasting a couple of pheasants for supper. Was gifted the birds by a gamekeeper friend who was visiting my auntie at the same time as us. Never cooked them befpre but a recipe downloaded. If I remember, I'll report back .
                            Well I promised to report back.. The kitchen is stinking. The birds smelled a wee bit peculiar when I stuck them in roastabags but as they cooked the smell got worse and worse. I had them in a roasting tin which I'd lined with foil and then cooking in the roastabags. The tray is now out of the oven and I've sealed them in foil in the tray. Should they smell? Maybe they were off but I've never cooked anything gamey before. Whatever, no way could I eat them. The smell is stomach churning

Comment

Good evening, it turned out dull but dry and a temperature of 10c, OH wanted to go to a factory shop so took her there then once back home had to do a repair to our conservatory roof, someone had tried to break in through the roof, this is the second time in the past year this has happened so no garden work done, just hope its dry tomorrow, nothing worth watching on telly tonight so think I will go and read a book, have a pleasant evening and remember, tomorrow pass on a smile

Comment

Rary, I've liked your post but that's in empathy not liking the attempted break in. That is really horrible. I hope whoever has targeted your house is apprehended and dealt with suitably.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X