This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Back from our holidays and looking forward to some gardening.
    However, I have a date with some luggage waiting to be unpacked and then some laundry.
    I need to get cracking very quickly as GG is coming to stay for a week so no putting the cases in the spare room.
    Weather is mild this morning and the forecast is good.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornings!
      Another mild night and lovely sunshine today - the door's open, so Mollycat is happy.

Dough for hot cross buns is rising, and the washing m/c is on it's final spin - should dry quickly in this weather, once it is I can cut the grass.
      Have a good'un and make the most of the weather

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
        Now now VC you don't know that, remember I have seen your photo in the front of Vouge magazine whereas you could have walked past me and not noticed, no that's not true if you had seen me you would have tried to introduce yourself to me
        But thanks for the welcome
        You're right. rary, I always do my best to help the elderly.
        Washing's on and its a bit breezy. The sun will break through soon and my washing will dry in a trice (?what is a "trice"?).
        Planning a busy day in the garden - although my plans never seem to work out !!

Have a lovely day, whatever you're doing
        Here's a smile for rary to pass on

Comment

• Hi all. Been a busy few days, I've been doing basic grunt work, like pressure washing the fence and paving stones, weeding the gravelled areas etc.

I'm hoping I'll be moving on to actually planting things over the weekend. Can't wait tbh, it's funny how green live 'things' can make you feel all happy.

Hope your day has been good.

Comment

• I’m so tired. I waited until our leaflets were delivered so that I didn’t have to go out twice. I had 5 places to go.

So tomorrow i’m on the campaign trail with the Town (Parish) Council independent Councillor leaflets. The dogs will enjoy it.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Nice day here so took one of the grand bairns trout fishing.

It was looking like my trout supper was on hold for most of the day until we switched to the other side of the reservoir when lo and behold we caught a decent sized rainbow trout each

I was glad for him as he has a short attention span (like most young'uns) and I thought his rod was going to get slung in the water a few times.
              The freah air must have done him some good as his Mother says he went to sleep soon after his return.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• My grandson had a less enjoyable day . ANother pupil at his school tried to stab him in the arm with a pair of scissors, thankfully blunt nosed but still sharp enough to go through the sleeve of his blazer. He then kicked grandson on the thigh and all this was unprovoked(and apparently the thug has said he can't give any explanation as to why he carried out the attack). The school has involved the police as there is a zero tolerance protocol throughout Scotland (following a death as a result of a stabbing in an Aberdeen school) and such reporting is mandatory. The school is clearly taking it very seriously and there is every likelyhood that that the thug( I can't find a better word to describe him) will be expelled from the school. The police are saying they are likely to bring charges of assault with a weapon and simple assault in respect of the kick.

Grandson traumatised and bruised but thankfully otherwise ok but very tired probably due to settling down after an adrenaline rush so he's off to bed early.

Everyone else very relieved. This could have been worse.
                Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 18-04-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Gosh AP...that's a dreadful experience for your grandson...I'm glad the police and school are taking it very seriously.
                  Why on Earth do peeps think they can behave like this????
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                    First up?....then I grab the polka dot sunhat!

Looks like we're in for a sunny bank holiday weekend!
                    Yey!
                    Hibou is happy....we've been leaving the bedroom window open for the past few nights and she uses it as a cat flap

We bought 2 more chooks at market yesterday so I'm looking forward to getting to know them.
                    Also looking forward to sowing carrots, beetroot, spring onions and radish in situ (under fleece) and finally getting the spuds in!

Out for a BBQ tonight mmmm...

Comment

• Morning Nicos and anyone else up on this fine sunny morning.
                      What a great start to the day., and it’s my day off.
                      Food shopping may be on the cards, also I need some new clothes for my holidays.
                      Did I mention that I am back to Mrs Blobby? Diet failure. Fitness levels are zero.
                      Thank goodness the weathers nice lol.
                      Have a wonderful Friday folks
                      Last edited by Nannysally99; 19-04-2019, 06:33 AM.
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Early rise mesell today as weather forecast is good. Shorts on (still a bit nippy around the knees early doors though)
                        Dog walking,Chopping wood,wrapping up ebay sales, tidying up front garden and a visit to the allotment later are on the cards for today

Enjoy the weather peeps.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mrs Blobby?...that makes 2of us

My diet is starting a week on Monday ...so it gives me one week after Easter to eat up left overs and try and wind down the sugar and carb intake so it's not such a dramatic change to my system when the diet kicks in.
                          Going to start swimming again that week too.

In the mean time I have hot cross buns, chocolate eggs and chocolate nests to tuck into
                          Last edited by Nicos; 19-04-2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Morning another sunny day here I can get used to this, first a walk over to the shops then the rest of the day is mine.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornings!
                              I'm glad the boy's ok AP what a shock for him!

A mild night and a lovely sunny morning here, door's open, so all chirpy here
                              Must remember to get choc eggs for GKs when I get the paper - how on earth did I forget them when I did the food shopping???
                              Gardening later after a tidy up - tea and home-made hot cross buns in the kitchen if anyone fancies one...
                              Have a happy holiday

Comment

• Good morning g all.
                                A lovely dunny morning here.
                                Daughter in law is coming in with our grandson around midday.
                                Cant wait to see him since we were away.
                                GG staying for the week but she is doing drama and dance classes today.
                                Some chores and then hopefully out to my garden.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse
                                • rary
                                  Reply to Chitchat thread #24
                                  by rary
                                  Today, 12:41 PM
                                • rary
                                  Reply to Heated mat for Tom's and chillies
                                  by rary
                                  I use a mix of six scoops of compost three scoops of sand/grit and two scoops of perlite,the quantity is unimportant as long as the ratio is the same, if for seeds I use this mix, if I am potting on I add some blood, fish and bone, along with a small quantity of chicken manure pellets
                                  ​ though...
                                  Today, 12:28 PM
                                • Florence Fennel
                                  Reply to Chitchat thread #24
                                  by Florence Fennel
                                  Today, 12:02 PM

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X