Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left overs from the pork BBQ - I was too tired to eat much last night which was probably a good thing.
    I also bbq’d half oranges sprinkled with ginger so I’m looking forward to having those too - not had them for years!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• No aubergine parmigiana again... Unbeknownst to me, Mr Snoop had eaten the required cheese. But we didn't suffer: roast pork in dried fruit from the freezer with some rice and green beans and carrots. No more 'ready meals' left in the freezer. So better remedy that next weekend. Didn't make the buns either, but really must today.

Hake and steamed veg for supper today.

Edited to add: not buns but mini rondos with apricot jam. Must resist...
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 16-05-2022, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Jacket potato with chilli, pitta breads and salad.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tonight will be prawn, mushroom, and broccoli risotto.

Comment

• Crazily busy day ending with a trolley dash around yet another diy store and supermarket…As they say, don’t go food shopping when you are hungry.
            Tonights diet food will be steak , chips and corn on the cob followed by a well earned strawberry tart

Comment

• Tuna pasta bake this evening.

Comment

• Due to nearly empty fridge and not wanting to go shopping on such a beautiful day I think it will be bolognese sauce out of the freezer, whatever kind of pasta is lurking in the cupboard, garlic bread, salad (including my self seeded lettuce), and a good handful of parmesan.

Also raspberry milk jelly decorated with cream and some of last year's blueberries I've found hiding in the freezer.
                Last edited by greenishfing; 17-05-2022, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• What is milk jelly gf?
                  Jelly made with milk instead of water?

I’ve made jelly half and half with water and topped up with live yog when cooler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    What is milk jelly gf?
                    Jelly made with milk instead of water?

I’ve made jelly half and half with water and topped up with live yog when cooler.
                    Milk jelly is just jelly cubes dissolved in as little boiling water as possible and then made up to the right amount with cold milk. My mother used to make it for us if we were ill as children, easy to swallow and digest. It has a different consistency to jelly made with water. More like mousse then rubber. Mr GF loves it.
                    Last edited by greenishfing; 17-05-2022, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• I bet Mr Snoop would love milk jelly. Perhaps I could make him some. Not easy to find the jelly cubes here, though.

Anyway: supper tonight is aubergine and cherry tom curry, Meera Sodha recipe. Couldn't be bothered digging for the cherry toms in the freezer so it's with Rose de Berne toms. Made it while lunch was steaming, so the ingredients can get to know each other over the afternoon. My kind of recipe: not very complicated and ordinary spices. Smells very curry houseish.

Comment

• We’ve decided on white fish with spinach and tomatoes
                        Pear for pud

Comment

• Back on the fish and veg tonight.

Comment

• Tonight will be chicken "something". I'm just going to take some thighs out of the freezer as I still haven't done the grory hop.

Comment

• I seem to have a few bags of veggies in the freezer so we're having soup this evening.

Carrots, celery, parsnips, french beans, JA's peas and roasted toms with herbs and onions.
                              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 18-05-2022, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Last night's chicken "something" ended up as chicken curry and naan.

No idea what we'll be eating tonight but I'm doing the grory hop shortly so hopefully I'll be spoiled for choice.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X