This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Thanks. It'll be pies at dawn between you and Mr Snoop if I pass on the info.

I must admit plum pie sounds good this weekend. I've got plums been in the freezer since the year dot.

Nicos, it's a thing that doesn't appeal to me at all, pie and chips. Pie and mash, mind...

Squisotto for us for tea tonight.
    I've never made a plum pie as such but I have made a plum tarte tatin a couple of times with puff pastry (I can make it, but for me it is just a pain and it is just not worth it). The plum tarte tatin was a real hit though.

Pie and chips doesn't do it for me either. Pie and mash and lots of gravy is my thing as a Yorkshire lass.

Comment

• I like meat pies with mushy peas and gravy.

This evening we're having cheesy hotdog wraps filled with roasted Tom's, fried onions, and a side salad.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Tonight tagliatelle bolognese (bolognese sauce back out of the freezer), garlic bread, salad and a handful of parmesan.

Comment

• I've taken half a fresh chorizo (not dried, so meant for cooking with) and half a black pudding out the freezer. Plenty of options but I think it will be a bean or lentil stew.

Also courgette (and blue cheese) soup already on the go. And I haven't made bread for a bit...

Comment

• Gochujang prawns with stir-fried veg (including fresh coriander and black kale) and rice noodles.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Home made pizzas using our little outdoor pizza oven.
              Rich chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream for pud.

Diet?…what diet?
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Our usual Saturday tagliatelle, bol, pesto parmesan and garlic bread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Home made pizzas using our little outdoor pizza oven.
                  Rich chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream for pud.

Diet?…what diet?
                  I was very glad to read that. I now feel entitled to make a carrot cake! And bread (not made yesterday).

Will report on supper later. Was going to be aubergine parmigiana but Mr Snoop has gone shopping...

Edited: no cake, no bread (there's always tomorrow). But toad in the hole for tea with a huge heap of cabbage.
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 19-03-2022, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Black kale, onion and garlic greens with soft blue cheese and sun dried toms on linguine. Mixed leaf salad on the side.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Toad in the hole this evening with kale/sprouts, carrots, and french beans and peas from the freezer

Comment

• Sausage and saffron risotto for us today. The rest of the sausages in the freezer.

Comment

• Yesterday was prawn and mushroom risotto. I, or to be more accurate the breadmaker, also made a loaf of bread last night so today I may make soup of some kind to have with the bread.

Comment

• .....Tonight will definitely be soup; mainly mushroom, but with all the odd bits from the veg drawer and a potato in it too. I've just tasted it and it seems good. I think garlic croutons will go well with it.

I've also made a couple of chocolate mousses as well.

Comment

• Although it’s a lovely day outside , I decided to do a bit of cooking having delved into our freezers!

Rhubarb and ginger crumble….tick.
                              Cottage pie…tick
                              Hungarian goulash….tick.

Think it’ll be cottage pie with veg and crumble with custard for pud tonight.
                              The goulash will split into 2 …one for freezing for the camper ….and the other for supper tomorrow.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Chicken in Hoisin sauce last night with stir-fried veg and noodles - sadly that's the last of the black kale.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X