Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve just made a large Irish stew which will be plenty for tonight and tomorrow.
    Being St Patrick’s Day tomorrow, I’m half hoping OH will have time to make some Irish Soda bread to go with it.

Oranges for pud.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Jacket potatoes, chilli, salad with pitta breads and pickles.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sorry it's so late, but the meat and potato pie.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20220316_175634.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	418.2 KB
ID:	2542939
        and it really was worth waiting for.

Comment

• Oh yum gf!…that looks absolutely fantastic!…. Mmm…and mmmm again!…

Comment

• That looks lovely GF
            Pigeon breast for us tonight with the last of the leeks, the last of the spuds, peas and gravy.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good-looking pie, GF. Mr Snoop now wants more pie for supper...

Comment

• Left over Irish stew

Comment

• I think I fancy something a bit spicy so we'll have chicken and vegetable curry with naan tonight.

Comment

• greenishfing, how deep is your pie plate? And is your pie above single or double crust?

Mr Snoop seems to have suddenly got very fussy about food where pies are concerned. Apparently pies must henceforth have double crusts in this household. So I'm not sure what to do about a pie plate. I've found enamelled plates 2.5 and 4 cm deep. What do you all reckon for a double crust pie?

Comment

• I’m not good with double crusts Snoop - mine always seem to get soggy botties…which then makes them less digestable
                      I’ve tried part baking them first - and done an egg wash on them first but nothing seems to have been successful for me, so I gave up and only do a top crust these days.

Comment

• The rabbit pies I made the other day were double crust puff pastry in those perforated tins you can get (in my case, Crusty Bake by Kitchencraft). Also, I baked them on the floor of the woodburning range, so no chance of them going soggy. Quite the opposite in fact...

I'd choose to have a top crust only, just to save calories, but Mr Snoop has determined that as he is a northerner and I am a mere southerner, he knows about pies and I do not. I put my foot down on having chips with them. But that's as far as I'm going to get.

Comment

• Pie and chips….mmmmmm..* drools!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                            greenishfing, how deep is your pie plate? And is your pie above single or double crust?

Mr Snoop seems to have suddenly got very fussy about food where pies are concerned. Apparently pies must henceforth have double crusts in this household. So I'm not sure what to do about a pie plate. I've found enamelled plates 2.5 and 4 cm deep. What do you all reckon for a double crust pie?
                            That pie dish is about 2.5 cm (one inch) deep. I just piled up the filling and made a single crust. I don't like soggy shortcrust pastry and this was short and crumbly when cooked. I didn't trim any of the extra off, just sort of folded it back in, brushed with milk and cooked.....and I'm definitely a northerner.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                              I think I fancy something a bit spicy so we'll have chicken and vegetable curry with naan tonight.
                              Same here GF - chicken and spinach curry with a tomato based sauce and sourdough naans.
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

That pie dish is about 2.5 cm (one inch) deep. I just piled up the filling and made a single crust. I don't like soggy shortcrust pastry and this was short and crumbly when cooked. I didn't trim any of the extra off, just sort of folded it back in, brushed with milk and cooked.....and I'm definitely a northerner.
                                Thanks. It'll be pies at dawn between you and Mr Snoop if I pass on the info.

I must admit plum pie sounds good this weekend. I've got plums been in the freezer since the year dot.

Nicos, it's a thing that doesn't appeal to me at all, pie and chips. Pie and mash, mind...

Squisotto for us for tea tonight.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 17-03-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X