Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of plan I had rather a filing lunch so we’re having cheese on toast for dinner.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 08-03-2022, 04:15 PM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Change of plan here too Bren….battered fish and chips with an out of date tin of mushy peas OH found at the back of the store cupboard.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Bulgar last night - with onion, celery, broad beans, sun-dried toms and feta. Plenty of black kale florets on top and rocket on the side.

Snoop Puss how did your pie turn out? Photo below of my first pie, made shortly after packing up work (so had all day to myself). It was a rabbit pie, hence the centre motif - had far too much butter in the pastry but it tasted good
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Rabbit-Pie1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	2542531
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Magnificent looking pie, Mr Bones.

I'm afraid the pie didn't get made yesterday. Work got totally out of hand. We had doro wat from the freezer with white beans instead. Going for a re-run for pie and galettes today. If mine turns out even half as good as yours, Mr B, I'll be very pleased. As will Mr Snoop doubtless.

Definitely bread and the carrot cake as well.

Comment

• No idea yet what we are having tonight but heck…..yup…definitely agree with Snoop there - what a magnificent pie Bones!

Too much butter?….I’m sure there couldn’t possibly be too much!
            I only use butter in all my pastries - probably because I’m basically a butter fiend!
            I did read however that adding vodka instead of water ( of all things!) to pastry is supposed to make it shorter? Never tried it cos I keep forgetting or don’t have any vodka in.

I’m fancying something pastry based for supper now!…..
            ​​​​​…*drools….

Comment

• I am fancying pie now too; that photo is making me hungry Mr B. I'm hopefully doing a grory hop later today so maybe chicken and mushroom pie.

Comment

• Monday 14 March is Pi Day. Just saying... Maybe we should all cook a pie to celebrate.

Comment

• Nice looking pie MrB love the rabbit.

Veggie burgers, jacket potatoes and salad this evening.

Snoop I'll join in with Pi day we could post our photos in the thread.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    Monday 14 March is Pi Day. Just saying... Maybe we should all cook a pie to celebrate.

That’s supposed to be the first day of my diet!

Comment

• Nicos, you could scrunch up some filo on top rather than do a double crust pie or use pastry with lots of fat. Call me Mrs Mephistopheles...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        Snoop I'll join in with Pi day we could post our photos in the thread.
                        You're on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          Monday 14 March is Pi Day. Just saying... Maybe we should all cook a pie to celebrate.
                          Count me in too
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Roast veg and feta tonight

Comment

• We're not having pie after all today. Mr GF really fancies curry and I quite fancy it so it'll be chicken and vegetable curry with naan tonight.

When I did the grory hop I made sure I've got plenty of eggs and chocolate to make chocolate mousse again this weekend. I might even make a couple extra to give away with the pasta bake next time I make it.

Comment

• Curry for us tonight too GF - chicken Kashmiri with brown rice, poppadoms and salad.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X