X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    What a fantastic idea gf!….I’ve poached eggs in tomato based sauces with bean/ veggie stews before now, but never thought of adding them to hot milk. Egg and smoked haddock is a perfect pairing!

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Last night I decided that Mr GF's smoked haddock looked a bit small. I was cooking it in milk in the oven, so about 10 minutes before it was cooked I took it out, broke an egg into the milk and put it back into the oven. He was very impressed with it and wants it like that every time he says.

Tonight I think chicken and mushroom pie with carrots, sprouts, mashed potato and gravy.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Homemade sausages ( first time making them!) probably with mash and beans

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Pea and saffron risotto last night.

M is cooking supper, he says. In which case, I'll start off some pizza dough for Sunday and a sourdough starter for another couple of Sicilian bread loaves.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Finishing of yesterdays cottage pie with sprouts this time.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Pork chops with last night’s leftovers
    Last edited by Nicos; 14-12-2023, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Cottage pie with some french beans from the freezer.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Tonight we'll both have the same veg; potatoes dauphinoise, carrots and peas. Mr GF is having smoked haddock baked in milk and I'm having lamb steak with gravy.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Lasagne, crusty bread and salad

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rand
    replied
    Sausage (bratwurst) stew. An idea I got from my sister in Northern Germany. Simple, quick-ish and tasty.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    The other half of the beef casserole.
    Apple and custard for desert.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    It's not going to be pie now. As I was calling in Sainsbury's where they sell haggis that became the preferred choice. We'll have it with mashed potatoes and swede, a few brussel sprouts and a creamy gravy.

Festive bread and butter pudding does sound very yummy, Nicos. Drool, drool!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    ^Wowee! That sounds amazing, Nicos. Ginger would work for me, that's for sure. Bet the smiles turn up to feast on the aroma.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Veggie tonight …
    Spiced cauli soup followed by courgette fritters and fried eggs.

Pud will be a ‘festive’ bread and butter pudding. Our neighbours brought over some stale bread fir the chooks which included pain au chocolate. So it’ll be those with extra chocolate and chopped orange and zest in the pudding instead of the usual. A small amount of chopped crystallised ginger will probably work with that mix too?

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I love tender rabbit. What is Andalucian style? I've tried googling, but to no avail.
    I hesitated to call it 'Moorish', but that's probably what it is. I'll send you the recipe in a pm later on.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X