X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Rand
    replied
    Lunch was goose with King Edwards spuds, parsnips, carrots, creamed leeks, port and orange gravy. Christmas cake for pudding.
    goose needed a bit less cooking and cake needed a lot more rum/brandy, but enough that no one wanted anything at tea time.
    Last edited by Mark Rand; 25-12-2023, 08:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I’m drooling just reading those!

Yesterday was our traditional steak and mushroom steak butties on baguettes with a bottle of fizz.
    Today is a variation of three bird roast - using turkey breast, duck breast and Guinea fowl breast all rolled together and fastened with string.
    Then all the traditional roast veggies… including our own carrots.
    Last edited by Nicos; 25-12-2023, 01:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    We ended up having confit de canard last night. Only supposed to be two to three pieces in the can, but they were jammed in so tight somehow they managed to get four in. So that's Boxing Day sorted out as well.

I'm helping out M with lunch for his extended family. My contributions are a joint of pork shoulder with dried fruit plus turkey thighs (rolled around a sausage and wrapped in bacon in a bid to keep them juicy - hope it works) and the roast potatoes, oranges in syrup and a mincemeat cake plus whipped cream. M is doing all the rest.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Yesterday I made a fish pie and we had it with peas.

I'd asked both Mr GF and his brother what meat they fancied today. As I couldn't get an answer from them, I chose beef. I'm not a turkey fan at all.

We'll have Yorkshire pudding, roast sirloin of beef, mashed and roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, sprouts and gravy. Christmas pudding and brandy cream.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    The smell of bread cooling in the kitchen is strong so predictably Mr GF has put in a request for soup....leek and potato I think.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Savoury mince probably with mashed potatoes, this evening.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Home made beef burgers with home made chips.
    Tomatoes, mushrooms and onions on the side.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Soooooop followed by a sandwich (Victoria)

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mushroom risotto at some point- but seeing as we didn’t have breakfast / lunch until 3.30 and chomped through a packet of profiteroles too….neither of us are particulaly hungry

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Faggots with mashed potatoes.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Tonight I'm thinking fillets of sole, potato dauphinoise, carrots and peas.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Leftover roast chicken and veg. I'm on easy street today.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Veg soup this evening.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Flo, just consider the sandwich your starter and banana bread and custard your main course.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    So much for ditching dessert!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X