X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Home made meat pie from the freezer with mushy peas, chips and gravy, donuts after. We had a sandwich last night because of the debacle with the log, but followed it with banana bread and custard for a fill up.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Here adults would eat cakes like this for breakfast (if they eat them at all). No tradition of tea, so no need for accompanying cakes. And cakes for dessert tend to be fancy patisserie. So breakfast it is.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    It does sound strange having breakfast cake but why not, I have pudding before my dinner.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    That cake sounds really good...and it's supposed to be for breakfast?! Maybe it's time to consider eating breakfast again. I only usually have breakfast if there are fresh warm croissants or pain au chocolat...a rare occasion (just as well according to the scales).

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^drools!
    Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    ^It annoys me that this cake comes out so well. All measurements based on a yogurt pot, no weighing of ingredients to the last gram... Here's a link. I made mine with small chocolate drops for baking and the zest of an orange and the juice of half the orange.

https://racheleats.wordpress.com/201...ing-and-a-pot/

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Making room in the freezer so it’s stuffed courgettes tonight with a side salad

That cake sounds delish Snoop!

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Tonight haggis, mashed potato and swede, sprouts and creamy gravy with a splash of whisky in it.

I can't believe I'd never had haggis until about 15 years ago when an aunt who had been to visit relations in Edinburgh brought a couple of the "wee beasties", as she called them, back with her just before Burn's night and invited all the extended family for a meal.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Didn't make the chocolate fudge cake yesterday but a Rachel Roddy ring cake with orange and chocolate drops. Will make one for us today.

Roast chicken with assorted veg for supper.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Tuna and squid tomato pasta with a lambs lettuce salad.
    Finishing off the trifle for pud.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I've been shopping, the fridge is packed to the gills as I don't intend going again until after Christmas. I gave Mr GF a couple of choices for tonight......basically meat or fish and his reply was "Tomato soup please". We've got plenty of fresh bread so why not.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Soup with toasted cheese sandwiches.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    M says he's cooking tonight.

I'm about to bake a Mary Berry fudge cake, one layer for a gift, the other for the freezer.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Do like we do Flo and have pudding a couple of hours before dinner.

Today we’re sharing a banana, persimmon, apple and a plum.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Sausage, mash, cabbage and carrots with onion gravy. I'm trying to avoid pudding, but all this talk of trifle is not helping

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X