This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
    shakshuka made with sprouts and probably a\ bit of leftover roast chicken thrown in for good measure
    I had to look up shakshuka! It sounds great, as do most things with poached eggs. I will be trying it.

Tonight, as I'd been shopping and stocked up on my husband's favourite food (prawns), was prawn, pea and courgette risotto with Padron peppers. The peas, peppers, courgettes and onions were mine and even the preserved lemons in it I'd actually preserved myself. At this moment I am so full and just hoping that nature's bounty continues (with a little bit of hard work thrown in).

Comment

• We finally had spicy Thai noodles with pork, followed by the rest of the blueberry pie
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• One pan dish last night of courgettes, onion, garlic, chopped bacon and tomatoes served with fried potatoes and sweetcorn cobs.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• I'm feeling cooked out. And Mr Snoop is washing-upped out, so to speak. Not used to doing two meals a day.

Lunch: tray bake with sausages, sweet corn, courgettes (of course) and tomatoes. Big pile of fake roast potatoes too.

Supper: with any luck I'll book us in at a restaurant with tables outside. If not, fish baked in the oven with more courgettes and tomatoes. Broccoli and beans.

Bread and a cake plus custards.

Comment

• This evening we're having Briam with mackerel, a side of french beans and sourdough.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I think I need some ideas!
              Its a Ready, Steady, Cook moment with 4 main ingredients…..pork fillet, corn on the cob , courgette and lettuce …and nope, I don’t fancy anything cold tonight.

Answers on a postcard please!

Comment

• My first thoughts were a stir fry, or dice the veg and serve the grilled pork on top, failing that maybe a soup.

Comment

• Pork sliced in medallions, dusted in flour and fried in butter, a bit plain but tasty. Otherwise, flip-flopped in some spice before the flour. If you've got other ingredients, you could slice the pork more thinly and treat it as a stroganoff or do it in a mustard or mushroom sauce.

Courgette fritters, sweet corn and green salad on the side.

As for here: success! Restaurant booking made. Owner warned me it's going to be cold tonight. That's by Spanish standards. I don't think our Dutch friends will think it chilly.

Comment

• Courgette fritters….good call - OH grinned at that idea ( we had a Chinese noodle stir fry last night)

No mushrooms but I have enough tins of chopped tomatoes to sink the Titanic….so a reduced creamy spicy tomato sauce with the medallions and fritters it will be. Corn on the cob for starters and lettuce and cheese for pud.

Team work eh? Thanks!

Good news about the restaurant Snoop - enjoy!

Comment

• Salmon En Croute, Potatoes, Peas
                      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                      - Henry Beard

Comment

• Last night - chicken jalfrezi with plenty of toms and onions, cucumber raita and poppadoms. (Picked six courgettes but fancied a break so they're still in the fridge).
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Yesterday afternoon I made pasta bake to eat, to freeze and to give away. We had it with garlic bread, a green salad and a sprinkle of parmesan.
                          No idea what we're having today.

Comment

• A veggie pie with charlottes, toms, lettuce, radishes, cuc, and a courgette carrot salad.

Comment

• Sprout and Almond Biriyani
                              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                              - Henry Beard

Comment

• Stir-fried veg. Courgetti for the noodles...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X