• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some horrible pizza that was a substitute on our weekly shop
    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Chicken last night in sweet chilli sauce with stir-fried courgettes, onion, cukes, French beans, cabbage (with cashews) and udon noodles.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Toad in the hole this evening with Kale, carrots, peas and some runner beans from the freezer.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I don't even have to think about tonight as we are off out to my sisters this afternoon and she is a great cook. No idea what we are having but I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

Comment

• Chicken didn't thaw in time for curry last night. So going for it tonight. Last night was misir wat instead, with some kept over for a dal tonight. Not the same at all, but if anyone asks, I'm going to argue it's got the usual suspects in it, just in different proportions.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
              I was half-watching James Martin on TV this morning and he was making risotto. I remembered that months ago I had bought some arborio rice and still had never attempted risotto. After looking at different recipes I decided on prawn, courgette and pea risotto.
              When I informed my husband what we were having I must say he didn't sound thrilled.
              WOW! A revelation!!!!. It is now on the list of absolutely favourite meals for both of us.
              I love risotto. Bet yours was delicious. I cheat and make it in a pressure cooker. Results are extremely good. Sausage and saffron is one of our favourites. But you can risotto-ise almost anything.

Comment

• Snoop Puss and
                greenishfing got to love risotto, agree Snoop, it can be made with allsorts. I cheat too - by adding all the stock in one go at the beginning.

Beef keema tonight, with cucumber and mint raita, curried courgettes and French beans, cherry toms and chapatti wraps.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Just made a sweetcorn, lardons and tomato quiche and some coconut pyramids.
                  We’ll have the quiche with mutton sausages and freshly picked beans
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Change of plan…sausages for tomorrow instead.
                    Stewed apricots and ice cream for pud

Comment

• We were supposed to have some fish, i had some lovely whiting fillets in the freezer but when i got them out the smell of amonia nearly knocked me out!

so we went for Stir-fried courgette, green beans, tenderstem and onion with soba noodles.
                      - Henry Beard

Comment

• Saag aloo, rice with sourdough naans and pickles.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Gosh Peteyd…not a nice experience

Finally we’re having the sausages ( made by our daughter with her own organic mutton) with the first of our Charlotte spuds and our own climbing french beans…and puréed apple sauce ( our own)
                          And our own rhubarb for pud

Comment

• Just a couple of slices of Homemade rye bread with scream cheese and smoked salmon for me tonight. i was going to have a bit of flapjack too before i headed off to work but my little man nicked that! even though he had a slice of toast on the go at the time!

he then proceeded to run round the garden with the dog chasing him saying "go away go away, my toast my toast, Shoo Shoo"
                            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Tonight we had steak with pepper sauce, new potatoes, salad and courgette fritters.

Comment

• Beetroot and ginger smoothie for lunch yesterday.
                                Ratatouille(ish) last night (courgettes, onion, garlic and toms), cuke bites (some with pesto, some with anchovies) and hot wax peppers filled with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X