• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mushroom Risotto
    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Tagliatelle with smoked bacon, parmesan, mushrooms, olives, peppers and courgettes (of course) in a creamy white sauce.

Comment

• Bulgar last night with assorted lotty veg. Cucumber bites on the side filled variously with smoked salmon, cottage cheese, pesto and black olives.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Yesterday was our usual Saturday evening Tagliatelle, bol and garlic bread.

This evening Jacket potatoes, chilli with a garden salad, pickles and chutney.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Having looked through the contents of the fridge I think I'll batter some some pork steaks out with the rolling pin and make pork escalopes with new potatoes and ratatouille. Maybe also a side salad as the lettuce, rocket and radish are going mad at the allotment and there will be more cucumbers and maybe a few tomatoes.
            Last edited by greenishfing; 01-08-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• More of the chicken with carrots cooked with apricots and perhaps some baked toms.

Comment

• Charlottes in a wholegrain mustard vinaigrette, coleslaw, beetroot, smoked mackerel, cucumber bites and hot wax peppers stuffed with cream cheese.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Too tired to cook after being in the garden all day.
                  So - more steak and ale which was destined for the freezer) with mashed spuds and peas and carrots.
                  Fromage frais with blueberries for pud.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Yet more chicken (it was a whopper, from the butcher not a supermarket) with courgette koftas (some of which I'll repurpose tomorrow as courgette 'falafel') and leftover carrots from yesterday.

Have just started another barley loaf. Also need to get mini rondos ready for baking early tomorrow morning for gifts.

Comment

• Duck breast with homemade yogurt coleslaw and salad in wraps.
                      Melon for pud
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• My choice tonight. Butter Chicken curry (with courgette thrown in as well) of course. Naan or rice

Comment

• Cheesy hot dog wraps, with Charlottes and a garden salad.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• One pan dish of onion, courgettes, toms, garlic, chorizo and French beans - Charlotte oven chips on the side with salt and vinegar.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• I was feeling generous this morning so I let my husband pick what we'll have tonight. I actually guessed in advance, prawn risotto. So it looks as if it will be nibbles of olives, radish, cucumber batons and little Sungold tomatoes and then prawn, courgette and sprouting broccoli risotto.

Comment

• The last of the chicken, thank goodness. We ended up having it with salad yesterday. Not much of it left so a pile of veg. There's a cabbage needs picking, so that in a Madhur Jaffrey recipe with peas. And probably courgettes of some variety or other...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X