Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been racking my brains for an idea for tonight. I'll be short of time after I have taken an in-law for his covid jab and then taken him home. I think I've settled now on a pasta dish. It will be tagliatelle with a creamy white sauce with (probably) mushrooms, parmesan, smoked bacon and whatever else is loitering in the fridge in it and salad. Hopefully all made in under 20 minutes.

Comment

• Pork in black bean sauce, stir fried veg and udon noodles.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Change of plan: I got given half a white cabbage today, and the woman who ended up with the other half told me about Russian Cabbage Pie. So that's what's currently in the oven (instead of the Jerusalem artichokes ​​​soup)
        Last edited by MelanieSW; 17-04-2021, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Tagliatelle bol, garlic bread and parmesan cheese.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• *look awaySnadge!

Guess who had chips tonight too?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Got a pair of aubergines need eating up so lunch today: imam bayildi. Egg custard for pud.
              Supper: pea soup.

Orange ring cake. Well, the oven will be on for the aubergine dish...

Comment

• Last night cooked whole chicken on the bbq . Spatchcocked. New potato salad, bean salad and green salad side dishes.

Tonight will be using leftover chicken.
                Last edited by Containergardener; 18-04-2021, 06:16 AM.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Toad in the hole with kale, carrots and a mix of frozen veg.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Guinea fowl with jacket spuds and chopped cabbage.

poached pears for pud

Comment

• Linguini, tom based sauce, red kale broad beans and salad
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Turned leftover chicken in roast dinner , veggies, roasts and gravy.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Last nights tagliatelle with creamy parmesan sauce and all the fridge leftovers went down a storm. (Why don't we have this more often??)., was my husband's comment.

Tonight has been lamb shank, mashed potatoes and swede, carrots, roast parsnips, creamed leeks and gravy.
                          Last edited by greenishfing; 18-04-2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Roast beef with roasted King Edwards parboiled and coated with SR flour, toasted sesame seeds, ground fenugreek and salt. Roast parsnips, boiled cauliflower and leeks fried in butter.

Acompanied with a bottle of Chateau neuf du pape. Nice, but I'm not certain that it's really worth twice as much as my normal higher-end Rioja.
                            Last edited by Mark Rand; 18-04-2021, 08:27 PM.
                            Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• ^ You've found a decent Rioja? Tell me more. The ones we get here by and large are thin. I grimace every time I see one in the wine rack and leave it where it is. I keep telling Mr Snoop they're not worth buying and he's coming round to my opinion. Ribera del Duero is a good one to try if you like a beefy wine. Not cheap here, so probably quite expensive in the UK by the time you add on all the duty. Me, I've grown accustomed to the 'hard' local wines, Terra Alta and the tiny villages round where I am that probably don't make enough to export. I could drink those for England!

Late lunch for us: lentil moussaka.
                              Supper: some kind of soup. Was thinking lentil but that might be too much of a good thing.

Comment

• White wine drinker here- preferably with bubbles!

left overs for supper tonight . I really do prefer roast guinea fowl to roast chicken!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X